I know I’ve taken a bit of a blogging sabbatical. I’ve had a couple of post that I’ve started drafting and never posted. I needed to wait to see how things panned out before I posted.
What have I been up to? Well, I’ve spent the past 5 weeks visiting doctors. I think I’ve had an appointment every week. and I’ve had 12 vials of blood drawn by 3 different doctor’s offices. I still have a prick mark and bruise from the last 4 vials.
I went in to the doctor for a quick lab test (I’ll get to that test in a min.) While I was in I wanted to get another mono spot done. My medical professional never had me do another one and I’ve been feeling exhausted. She sent me for lab work.
Now, back to the previous test, I went in to get a referral and take a pregnancy test.
The result?
Positive.
A referral was put in and the next week I had an appointment at the OB office. The next 4 vials of blood were drawn.
That same morning my Medical Professional on base called wanting me to get an ultrasound on my spleen, that day. So when R. came home, we went to the hospital to get the ultrasound done.
The following Monday, My medical professional called, saying that based on the ultrasound results, she was sending me to a Hematologist at the Cancer Center. … WHA, WHAT!?!? Oh, and I had to wait a full week for the appointment.
Last Monday, R. and I went to the cancer center for the appointment. While we were waiting to be called back, I was nearly in tears. There, the last set of 4 vials of blood were taken.
The oncologist/ hematologist basically said go home and don’t come back unless you actually need us. He also stated he didn’t know why I was referred and concluded that my medical professional overreacted.
Oh, and did I mention I have a bad UTI as well? I think I’m starting to feel better but for a few weeks I’ve only been able to keep down minimal food. namely saltine crackers.
This afternoon, I had another appointment at the OB office. The Dr. started the ultrasound, and walked through everything, this is the uterus, the blob is your baby, watch for the flutter, see it? That’s the heartbeat!
I was thinking are you sure that’s not my pulse your getting!?!? My heart was pounding so hard. As he finished the ultrasound, he asked me how I was doing. if I was excited. I said I think I’m in shock! I really had myself prepared for the doctor to say, no sorry it’s not a viable pregnancy.
All of this leads me to telling the family.
R’s parent’s busted out laughing. My parent’s started crying. One of my sisters started screaming, and the other was a bit more subdued, probably because she’s not feeling well.
Sister’s response was I’ve SO been waiting for this call!!! I’m SO FREAKING EXCITED! Big Sister’s response was Really!?!?
Daddy said, you called to tell me this? … Your gonna have to talk to your mother. … (As he started crying, he did later get back on the phone.) Mother said, are you telling me your pregnant? as she started crying.
By the end of this evening, we all posted on Facebook and watched the comment threads light up!
I think that pretty much sums up my last month.
I'm so happy I could cry! ...which I've done several times today :) I'm just so incredibly happy for y'all! Love you!
ReplyDeleteAwww.. Teddy!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Praying for you, R, and your pregnancy! (((BUG HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteAnd by bug hugs, I, of course, meant big hugs. ;) lol
ReplyDeleteCongrats to y'all!! I'm sorry you've had all of those other health issues but I'm so excited for the news about the latest health issue!! Yay for babies!! Take good care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteYou three are so sweet! Thank you so much for the well wishes!
ReplyDeleteRegina, Thank you for the prayers! I didn't even catch the bug hug. I totally read it as big! :)
ReplyDeleteCheryl, I'm trying to take care of myself. I'm SO ready for this whole 'morning sickness' to be done!
ReplyDelete