(Here is another one I forgot to post.)
It’s a good thing babies don’t remember anything. It really is best, especially for the first child. I’ve already had a few parenting fail moments during the past 6 weeks.
Here are a few:
I plucked out his umbilical cord stump while pulling back his onesie during a diaper change. I was a little bit hysterical over that one. He began crying at that exact moment it happened and I started sobbing. I was having a rough day anyway and had finally settled down from crying for what seemed like hours on end.
R. heard the commotion from N’s room and called the hospital nursery to see what we needed to do. When they discharged him the nurse told us his stump would fall off between 14 and 21 days, this happened on day 6.
Everything ended up totally fine with that incident. The stump can fall off as early as 5-7 days. If I would have known that I would not have been so hysterical about it. I was SO afraid I had really hurt him.
The other night N. cried for his 3am feeding. I picked him up, put the pacifier in his mouth and apparently just held him until he fell asleep again then put him back in the basinet. I often find myself dosing during late feedings, this one was no exception. The thing is, I had the bottle sitting right next to the bed ready to go. I have no idea why I didn’t feed the little guy.
I don’t know if this would be a parenting fail or just a fail in general …
While R’s parents were here we headed downtown for dinner. I was doing my best to hurry I knew everyone was waiting on me. I wanted to pack a bottle just incase we needed one while we were out. I put it in a pan of water on the stove to get warm before we left.
I finished packing the diaper bag, it seems I always have to add or take something out of it before we go, I slipped on my shoes grabbed a sweater and we all walked out the door.
We were about 5 minutes down the road when I remembered the bottle was still on the stove. Did I mention the burner was on high!? We were not at a good spot to turn around so we had to drive for a few more minutes to turn around.
By the time we got back, the kitchen was filled with smoke, the smell wasn’t pleasant, the bottle was melted and plastic and milk were burned onto the pan.
I was SO incredibly thankful I remembered when I did. R. and Father-In-Law opened windows and doors to vent most of the smoke out. We left windows opened and headed back out for dinner.
Then there are the moments that I just ignore him and let him cry. Sometimes it is because he has a wet diaper which he CAN’T stand, but it is just barley damp and I know if I change it he will want it changed again in 2 minutes, LITERALLY, just because it is damp again! So sometimes I just let him cry and wait until he is finished wetting his diaper to change it.
There are also the times that he has been fussy, ALL. DAY. LONG there have been times that I have set him down screaming and walked out of the room or house, (Not far out of the house just to take Miko potty)
No comments:
Post a Comment