Monday, February 25, 2013

Birth Story Cont.

I’m must start by saying I’m doing my best to get this post to flow I’m writing as I reflect and my thoughts are jumping  from one part to the next and back. So, my apologies if this post has some disconnect.

 

I had been emotional off and on all day. R. stayed so calm for me and did a fantastic job of staying in contact with family and friends. … He said while I was pushing he had both phones ringing in his pockets. He let me do what I needed to do through labor. Every so often he would come over to the bed, kiss me, and offer a word of encouragement.  Every time he would, I’d start crying.

As calm as he stayed, I know he was going crazy on the inside. He brought the laptop and nook to keep himself busy. When I’d ask him how he was doing he’d tell me he should be asking how I’m doing.  As soon as Baby Boy was here R. started crying. Me? at that moment I was totally fin emotionally. I was glad he was out!

 

You hear all these stories about instantly falling in love with the baby upon setting eyes on him, and about having a rush of emotions, and everything being great. …Honestly, after being awake for 33 hours and not really eating anything for 24 (I had a slice or two of pumpkin bread before we went to the hospital.) The only thing I really cared about were sleep and food. Yes, I wanted to see and hold my son, but once I did I really just wanted to eat and sleep. 

 

I was not wanting to use a pacifier or bottle until I had established breastfeeding. Well… after 30-45 minutes of Baby Boy screaming after birth they asked if they could give a pacifier. I was still hyped up on whatever they gave me in my IV it made me a little bit irritable as well as dizzy. I was ready for the screaming to stop, Something had to be done to soothe this baby.

 

I called my parents were on a plane that afternoon and arrived at the hospital close to midnight. I was surprised they made it in so fast. I was glad that someone could be at the house to help take care of Miko for us.

I sorta felt bad for my parents. We had just ran out of milk, eggs, bread, pretty much all the basics. Our remote control for the TV had just died, and we didn’t have internet at our house. –We used my phone as a hotspot for internet.

 

Since this post is so disconnected I’ll end it here and pick up with a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment