Well I find it a bit ironic:
After two and a half months of having Reed deal with "realitor guy"; On Thursday, I'm the one that finally closed the deal. We met with Realitor Guy (my nickname for him) on Wednesday. we were in his office for 2 and a half hours I finally just had to walk out of his office because I was about to burst into tears. By the time I had gotten to the car I had. I just felt like I was going to be homeless by the end of October and I felt like I was losing my husband in early December.
We got home around 5:50 just in time for our next meeting which was to start at 6:00. After that meeting I had a conference call with my sister about reality stuff. Reed and I finally came up with a counter offer around midnight. The counter offer basically consisted of moving the closing date. The buyer finally agreed. So we close on the 19th of November. The Friday before Thanksgiving.
Yesterday morning I spent the morning on the phone going back and forth with the realitor while I was simultanously keeping 2 and 3 year olds out of the pond as we took school pictures, which were outside.
You may be wondering what our plan is when we close on the house. We are going to stay with his parents for a couple of weeks then I will stay with friends for a few weeks. When the semester ends I will head down to Texas and jump between my sisters and my parents. But, I'm looking on the bright side of things: no mortgage, no utilities to pay. ... I can pay off other bills and save some money too!
So, while I know I won't be entirely homeless, my husband will be leaving for at least 2 months possibly 5 for basic and school. We are still hoping his rate will change a little bit and he can get in the program he is aiming for. The rate he wants will create many more opportunities for him after he's out of the military.
I was calculating the other day and thinking when it hit me that if I were still pregnant he would not be able to be there with me when I give birth. Honestly, I don't know that I could have packed up the house and them bounced from place to place for several months had I still been pregnant. I guess in the long run it's a blessing we're not having a little bundle of joy just yet. Though the pain of losing a pregnancy is tough it is getting easier to deal with. Hopefully when the time is right God will bless us as well as our family with a little bundle of joy, who knows maybe two. Twins do run in my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment