Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Work: Both Funny and Scary

I don't know if I should start with my funny moment or the scary one first. I guess I'll just tell you about them in the order which they happened. Which would be the scary moment.

During drop off tis morning I had unloaded one kid out of the car and was waiting for the last kid to get out of his mom's SUV.  Finally after throwing his fit his mom got him out of the SUV.  I took his hand in my free hand (I still have the other kid too.) Well, the last kid yanks his hand away from mine as we head inside and proceeds to run in front of the SUV as mom is about to pull away.  I just sent the first kid inside to get the second. Luckily mom saw me waving my arms franticly and she threw it back into park gave the kid one last hug and sent him on his way.

Now for the funny moment Kinda gross moment: I had to sub for a teacher today so this afternoon I had a class outside. I looked over at one of the girls  and she's spitting all over the ground. I told her not to spit that it's yuck and gross. Her reply was that she was getting it out of her mouth. ... I look at her face and it is covered with dirt. when I asked her about it she said she was eating "ice cream" actually eating the dirt pretending it is ice cream. We then had a discussion about why we shouldn't eat dirt.   I had her come over to get a baby wipe to wipe off her face. she takes the wipe and proceeds to clean off her tongue. I took another wipe and wiped of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment