Saturday, October 15, 2011

Christmas Shopping….

Is anyone else out there crazy enough to start their Christmas shopping in September or October?  Or, is it just me?

I know, Halloween isn’t even here yet! I don’t decorate my house for Christmas until after Thanksgiving But, I do start looking, planning, and yes shopping for Christmas presents early.

I typically start saving up my Christmas money around August. By saving early it doesn’t kill the budget (to bad) later.

I don’t know what’s up with me and looking for out of print books the past couple of years! Last year I started shopping and searching for R’s Christmas gift in September and didn’t finish until December. … The bulk of his gift was a whole series of out of print books. I DID manage to find every book in the series including some he already had and a few rare pieces he didn’t even know existed!

This year,  my search has been for my Mom and the search has definitely proved itself to be quite the challenge!

I think what makes these books so hard to find is that they are all part of children’s church curriculum that was written in the late 70’s through the 80’s and possibly early 90’s.  SERIOUSLY! I grew up with my mom teaching this stuff to her Bible classes!

Of all the Bible School lessons I had as a kid, Leroy is who/ what I remember! 

A couple of years ago I stumbled upon a website that had all of these books. Now I guess the site has been taken down. That makes things so much harder! I’ve searched EBay, Amazon, Half books and all the rare book sites! … Nothing! I’ve done Google and Yahoo searches as well as search Christian Bookstores! … I’ve finally made a little progress there are 2 bookstores and each have a little of what I’m looking for! But, I KNOW there are still books out there I can’t find.

I’m thinking of a creative way to ask my mom what books she has and doesn’t have. … AGAIN! We had this conversation Saturday!  She gets suspicious easily and of course I DON’T want that!

I did take some of her stuff a few years ago and made copies of her notes and recreated some of her stuff for my own records. I’m thinking I can use that to my advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment