I apologize for not updating yesterday. I didn’t sleep well and after being in the Dr.’s office for 5 hours then running errands I was exhausted. I couldn’t sleep though because I had to pick R up. then start dinner. By the time I finally went to bed I felt like I had been up for 30+ hours. It had only been like 15.
When I got to the Dr., the receptionist window wasn’t open yet. I finally got checked in then got called back. After the nurse ran my vitals and went over my symptoms with me, she left and said the NP would be right in. I waited for 50 minutes.
She sent me down for lab work and told me to wait in the lobby when I was done. I sat in the lobby for an hour and 15 minutes.
The receptionist and nurses were particularly nice to me. I don’t know if they got word of my fit I threw on Monday or not. My NP made some comment about not having things she’s used to having and adjusting to things here. My reply was ‘Yes, I’ve noticed things are rather inefficient.’ I also mentioned having to call 3 times to make an appointment etc. … She didn’t seem to care.
Anyway She went over a bunch of numbers with me blood counts/ liver counts/ kidney counts …. then said she’d have to call me with the mono count. (They can’t do the mono one in house.)
I had decided to give them till 4 to call me before I started to call them. (She told me to call toward the end of the day if I hadn’t heard anything yet.) I was quite surprised when she actually called me!
So the verdict…. Mono.
I did leave her office feeling a little relieved knowing my blood work showed something was going on and felt better knowing my blood counts were normal. But, I also felt relieved knowing I’m not crazy, that there is an issue.
I slept for 14 hours last night. I finally got up and sat on the couch for a couple of hours then made some pumpkin bread and fixed dinner. I rested between those, but was so tired by the time I was done with dinner.
After sitting down for a bit longer, I decided to go for a walk. I can’t run or jump, really do anything terribly physical. I asked about walking and to be honest she told me no. … If you know me, you know I can’t sit still for very long. So, I went for a walk.
I didn’t push it. I just took my time. I didn’t try to get my mile in, in 15-20 minutes. in fact, my walk took me about 45 min. and I cut it short.
Well, the thing with mono is that it just wipes you out. It doesn’t take much to do it either. So with that said, I’m going to get ready for bed.
That stinks! :( Glad they figured out what was going on and that it wasn't something more serious, but still stinks. Hope you feel better soon! Love you!
ReplyDelete