Despite feeling a bit icky, we had a great weekend! R. phased up on Friday! which means he can wear civilian clothes on the weekends, can drive, and can leave base during the week!! This was the perfect time for him to phase up because this was kind of a birthday present for him!
He came running in Friday saying come on we’re going out!! before I knew it he had civies on!
We had vouchers for a minor league baseball game but they were sold out by the time we got to the box office. So, we picked up tickets for Saturday night’s game.
The game was fun. I actually miss the OKC Redhawk’s though. I was SO frustrated with myself I had every intention of bringing my camera with us to the game. As soon as we got out of the car I realized I forgot it. We had some pretty good seats and I could have gotten some great action shots!
R. invited several of his classmates over on Sunday night. A couple of the guys he’s in class with are married and I’d really like to meet some new people especially wives.
We thought we’d fire up the grill, hang out, play games, what not. ….
Only 1 dude showed up! R and I were a little disappointed and I think the dude was a little bummed too that the other guys didn’t come. But, we didn’t let that stop us! We had so much fun! All we did was eat and play a card game. This game is one of our favorites! I must say it took a little bit for the game to grow on me. But it’s loads of fun! It’s “Kung Fu Fighting”.
We didn’t do much yesterday. I have this knot in my neck. and the back of my eyes have been hurting as well as my head. I feel as if I have a migraine mixed with a sinus head ach. I think I’ve been massively dehydrated as of late too. I can’t seem to get enough water.
I hope y’all had a great Labor Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment