I feel like I’ve dropped the ball on this whole blogging thing. I wish I could say I’ve just been so busy I haven’t had time to blog, but that’s just not true. I’m home nearly everyday all day. That leaves me plenty of time to write.
So what’s up? … I’ve just been completely unmotivated to to anything! The only thing I want to do is lay on the sofa and watch T.V., or old episodes of shows on DVD, or movies.
The truth is I’ve not felt up to par for the past several weeks. and have been unmotivated to do much of anything. If I do to much (which isn’t a lot) I’m wiped out for a while. To be honest, I was seriously wondering if I was pregnant when this started…. always tired I mean REALLY tired, nauseous tummy, headache, ….
I went to the Dr. last week after doing some searching of my symptoms on WebMD. I thought well, I have a massive sore throat maybe it’s strep. I checked a few other things that I thought it may be then I grabbed a flashlight to look at my throat.
That’s when the call to the Dr. was made. my tonsils were SO massively swollen but it was the white patches I saw that really got me!
I was able to get an appointment that afternoon and they started treating me for strep. … The problem… I don’t have strep! I’m on mega doses of anti-biotic and they’ve done nothing! I was in the doctor’s office on Tuesday and didn’t get the results of my strep culture until after hours on Friday. That was only after I called twice to get them.
Thursday I wasn’t seeing any results from the meds and I happened to catch my brother, the PA, on Facebook. I asked him when I should start seeing results from the meds. He began asking me a battery of questions. His diagnosis … not strep but mono.
So, now I’m trying to get a second appointment for further testing. Honestly, if it’s not mono it could be really, REALLY bad stuff!
With that being said, mono can be pretty serious as well. one of the big things that can come with mono is an enlarged spleen. When it’s enlarged there is the possibility of it rupturing. So, until I find out what’s going on I’m not running or jumping around, I’m not even doing yoga. About the heaviest thing I’m lifting is a gallon of milk. …Why? Because I’m pretty sure mine is enlarged.
I told R. last night I’m not real happy with my NP! Why is it an OK practice of medical care to not call the patient back when test results seem ‘normal’? I told R. I don’t care if my NP is an officer, I’m going to be pretty direct with her and let her know I’m not happy about my care.
Had she called me back Wednesday or Thursday when the results came back we could have set up an appointment then to figure out what’s going on. I’m pretty certain it’s mono but, I need to find out for my own piece of mind and for R’s as well. And If it’s mono I need to find out exactly what I can and can’t do with the enlarged spleen. I’d rather keep it in tact than have it rupture!
I do know one thing, if I don’t start getting better care from my NP I’ll be going into the insurance office asking for a new primary care person. … I hear Dr. OZ and the Dr.’s on The Doctors say be your own health advocate… Well, ….
No comments:
Post a Comment