R. proposed to me 5 years ago on New Years Eve. So it’s a time that’s been special to us!
We started the evening with dinner plans at a cute little pizza joint in a downtown area around here. The area has a big park a few blocks away that was lit up with Christmas lights; after dinner we walked around the circle enjoying all of the lights.
I do apologize, I’ve been so forgetful with the camera lately and have no pictures of the lights. In fact, these are the only pictures we got all night. …
Sadly, these were the best we got.
Our neighbors (to the south) invited us over to their house to ring in 2012. After dinner and our walk we went over there. That was AWKWARD!
Here’s the story:
They have a baby the other couple that came over also had a baby. I understand they’re friends and that’s the season of life they are in etc.
The Issue:
Pretty much the only thing the ladies talked about were their babies. The only thing the guys talked about was Navy stuff. … I am not a mommy yet, well not of the human kind anyway. And, I don’t really care about all of the Navy stuff. When I tried to add to the conversation I was ignored, or when I tried to answer a question, halfway through my answer the girls would start their own conversation again.
I basically spent the evening not saying much and trying to keep up with the guy’s conversation. Eventually, I started playing Sudoku and looking at Facebook on my phone.
When we got home I told R. how awkward I thought the evening was and was glad to know He felt the same. But, he had more fun than I did. Oh, Well!
I suppose this leads me into my 2012 part of this post. I have a few ‘goals’ for the new year.
1. get back into the swing of yoga. I was doing great with it last year until the summer hit. I fell out of the routine. I’m happy to report, I DID get my first 2 yoga workouts of the new year in on Tuesday and tonight!
2. I’d love to start running again. I got out of the habit of running when I came down with mono. The other issue to this is that I’ve messed up my back and it hurts to run. I think I did something to it when I was getting R’s toolbox out of the car.
3. I want to get back into the swing of going to church regularly. So far we’re off to a good start!
Part 3 of 2012:
On Christmas day, R and I met a couple at church, she and I met for lunch today! We had a fun time getting to know each other!
Little Miss loves to play with the dog next door (The neighbor to the north). and vice versa! I love it because it’s a great way for both puppies to burn their energy. Last night Noah, the dog, was outside and bolted to play with Miko.
Noah’s mom and I started chatting and we ended up making plans to go shopping today!!! SWEET! GIRL TIME!
When I was finished with lunch, we let the puppies play then we went shopping and had a blast!! She is so much fun! A few nights ago we hung out while the puppies played for 2-3 hours! It’s going to be great to have a good friend live right next door!!
Seriously, I can’t wait to go shopping with her again! Though I must say I did feel a little guilty/ odd not shopping with my old shopping buddy. Ashley, Hope we can hang out soon.
I have no idea what 2012 holds. I have a feeling it will have it’s adventures and chances for personal growth. Hopefully it’s filled with time spent with family and great friendships (old and new)!
So, with out further ado, here’s to a new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment