Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

I do hope each and every one of you had a fantastic Christmas!

Being that this Christmas was our last as a couple and our only one spent just the two of us (and Miko.) We wanted to do something a bit different and maybe memorable.

There is a huge light display at one of the county parks in the area. I REALLY wanted to go to it. it’s 3 miles of driving through lights, a walking trail with more lights, life size greeting cards, and sand sculptures. I found this event on the internet right after the holidays last year and wanted to go this year.

We haven’t really done much lately date wise and the time we have before we are a family of 3 is drawing to a close.  Sunday evening we headed to the park. After fighting A LOT of traffic to get there, the line was backed up for miles, I realized once we turned on the road for the place that I forgot the cash at home. I was SO disappointed I just started crying.

We turned around and headed back home but, ended up stopping by another little park and walked around its circle looking at the lights. 

R and I got up yesterday, emptied the dishwasher, started dinner, made coffee, and had a bit of breakfast before we sat down to open gifts. Miko got to open hers first so she would have something to occupy her while we opened ours. We even pulled stuff out of their original packaging as we opened them. It was nice to take our time.

I knew what a lot of my gifts were because I bought them and wrapped them myself. That’s just the way it worked out this year. As I opened a present I bought, I told R. the gift was from him.  (He usually does buy my gifts, I just managed to find my gifts 65-70% off and took advantage of the deals.)

I realized last night I never shared our ornament this year. It’s the picture on the left and is curtesy of The Vintage Pearl! The picture on the right is a bird’s nest we found in our tree as we were ‘fluffing’ the tree right before we decorated it.  We decided the extra ornament could stay put.

     DSC07168  DSC07121  

After we opened presents, we got dinner done and packed it up. We had a Christmas dinner picnic on the beach.   

                                           DSC07140

 

We took Little Miss with us. She was a pretty good pup! She had loads of fun watching other people and dogs as well as chasing the birds!

       DSC07142 DSC07150

                                       DSC07156

I haven’t shared a baby bump picture with y’all yet. I’m warning y’all though, my belly is pretty BIG!

                                                 DSC07153

How did you spend your Christmas day?

1 comment:

  1. Your belly pic is cute! I'm so happy and excited for y'all to be parents!

    ReplyDelete