Thursday, December 20, 2012

Totally Out Of The Loop

I’ve been intending to write about Thanksgiving ever since Thanksgiving. Seeing as it’s so far past I’ll just give a quick rundown.

We actually celebrated Thanksgiving on the Tuesday before because we had a couple of friends over and it was the only time we could get schedules to mesh. I was so tired and hurt so bad after being in the kitchen all day that I ended up going to bed long before company left. OOPS!

I must say, dinner was quite delish! The dressing and cranberry sauce were my favorites, I think!

 

I went to my sister’s a couple of weeks ago. We had the best time! She has 2 dogs they would stand at the door and cry for me to get up every morning.  Big Sis and I went shopping for Baby Boy and the nursery. I took a carry on bag for the week. Yes, a little carry on bag for the whole week. I didn’t even have it stuffed full for the week. I did however have it stuffed completely full on the return trip.

There are several flea markets/ thrift stores by my sister. One of them had several “Kohls Cares” Dr. Seuss plush Characters. They were even an additional 25% off! I picked up 3! 

To an extent I felt like I was taking a step back in time while at Big Sister’s. I had little to no phone reception and most of the businesses around them don’t accept debit/ credit cards.

My Bro-in-Law is a PA and He’s learning how to do ultrasounds. So, I was a guinea pig. Baby Boy DID NOT like the ultrasound! Bro-in-law at one point said “did you see that? He just moved.” He went to get his boss who’s an OB. The DR. walks in and starts moving the little wand around and he says “Is it just me or did the baby move?  We were looking at his head, that’s his bottom.”  The baby was turning and flipping the whole time. (He is clearly his father’s son. R. hates to take pictures.)

We did get an image of his little face. He had his lip stuck out like he was pouting.  They also asked me if my due date was right. Because then I was 31 weeks and he measured 34 weeks. He was already 5 pounds 6 ounces. I had a scheduled appointment the day after I got home. I told the NP about the ultrasound and how big he measured. After seeming annoyed about the ultrasound,  she told me I was measuring 34 weeks.

SO, I’m thinking Baby Boy is going to be a January baby rather than a February baby.

Here’s an interesting tidbit: R. was the 4th grandchild and 4th grandson on his mom’s side of the family. On that same side of the family, Baby Boy will be the 4th great grandchild and 4th great grandson. … IF (BIG IF) this baby happens early enough in January, He will be the 4th person (3rd or 4th generation) on my dad’s side of the family to be born on the 7th.

I guess that catches you up for now. The realization that Baby Boy is coming soon is beginning to kick in. We are no where close to having the nursery done. Yikes! My goal is to have it all together by the 1st.  I’ve been working on a couple of projects this week. I’ll try to remember to take pictures of the finished products and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment