I have
really been having mixed emotions with this move. I've not been the least bit
excited. It feels daunting and stressful. I've never been one to think I could
pack up my family and move overseas! Yes, R and I thought about it a few years back
but throw a baby in the mix and that changes everything!!!!!! I've shed a lot of tears, I've had a lot
of anxiety, and I've prayed A LOT!
I kept
telling R. I wanted to start packing on Sunday or Monday before we left on
Wednesday. Did that happen? Of course not!
Tuesday
we woke up to not a single bag packed.
...Sigh! I also told R. I really wanted his help to pack up because it
was really the last thing I wanted to do. In fact the very thought of packing made me want to scream! It ended up taking all day. He didn't even help that much.
Wednesday
We got up, got the last items packed up and loaded the luggage all 7 checked
bags and 6 carry-on's. Yes, you read that right! We have tons of luggage!
Ironically enough as we were pulling out of the driveway headed to the airport "I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane" was the song on the radio!
Checking
in to our flight in Oklahoma City went pretty smoothly. It took a little time with all
the checked luggage we had, but we had an awesome person helping us at the
counter! She was really on top of her game and patient! When traveling on orders it can make things interesting.
Getting
through security took some time. We had 2 computers to pull out of
the bag, 6 carryons 1 car seat plus taking off our shoes and our liquid
bags. Then they had to swab my hands because I was wearing Boss Man.
Our flight
out of Oklahoma City went well. Boss Man slept the whole flight, THANK YOU nap time! We were 30 min. late
landing though. Which meant we had to seriously hustle to catch our connecting flight to
Seattle. I do mean SERIOUSLY hustle!!! We de-boarded the plane as soon as we could. Boss
Man threw a few noonies on the floor before he fell asleep. I didn't have time
to find them before we got off the plane.
We
landed in Minneapolis at gate A22 (one of the very end gates), We had to get to
G3 and didn't have time to wait for the tram. We also had to wait for our gate
checked bags which took time we didn't have!
We took
off running Reed with the car seat strapped to one of the carryons one of the
diaper bags strapped into the car seat and the laptop bag. I was wearing Boss
Man on my back with one of the diaper bags and the other rolling carryon. I KNOW I was a sight running through the
airport. I ran until I thought my legs were going to give out, (I managed to hyper extend my knee getting off one of those moving walking belts.) I would walk as
fast as I could then would run some more! People were looking at me like that
lady is not going to catch her flight.
Let me
tell you, where there's a will there's a way (and the grace of God on our side) because by
the time I made it to the counter at gate G3 They were well on their way in the
boarding process BUT I MADE IT! Reed was lagging behind a little and waved me
on so I made it to the counter shortly before he did. While we made it to the gate, we still had to get our boarding passes because they didn't give them to us in Oklahoma City.
A
couple of very nice people told us to hop in line ahead of them so we did! We
were a site while trying to get to our seats. …. Row 32 second from last. R. is
doing his best to hold the car seat up above everyone's head and I've got loads
of bags myself. I'm just apologizing as I walk down the isle. “excuse us, I'm
so sorry” etc.
I had
time to change Boss Man's diaper and asked the flight attendant if it was
possible to get 2 glasses of water. By the time I got seated R. was working out
seat arrangement with someone else who graciously switch R. seats, giving R.
his isle seat taking a middle instead. ... He should be glad he did because
Little Man didn't go to sleep until the last 30 minutes. We both sat down with a HUGE sigh! Whew! We
made it!
We were
the very last people off that flight. Boss man threw noonies, books, socks and
shoes among a few toys in the floor. We had to gather everything which included locating a
missing shoe. The flight attendants helped us get half our stuff off the plane.
I apologized profusely for 1. all of our stuff and 2. for taking so long.
I am
thankful they were so patient and thankful they ignored half our bags not being
under the seat for take off and landing.
And... We're Off... Take 2 coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment