Once in
Seattle, we had to claim our bags and exit security. Then we had to sit with
our luggage at the ticket counter for 4 hours until the ticket counter opened
at 2:30am. We were in line so early we were the first family to check into our
flight! Once checked in we were able to go up to the USO for a couple of hours.
I was very thankful they had a little area for Boss Man to play and they had a
shower! So, we let the kiddo play while we took turns taking a shower then
grabbed a bite to eat before going back through security.
Our
terminal building didn't open until 4 am so we had to hang around for a while
before we could even go through security. At this point I genuinely have no
idea how long I'd been up. By the time we boarded our flight to Japan it was
most likely 24 hours. R. was not feeling well because of our prior flights and
I wasn't feeling well due to lack of sleep. (Since I've had mono, when I get
overly exhausted I start feeling icky.)
Boss Man was cranky and SO tired. We all were for that matter. He fell
asleep for a little bit when were camped out at the ticket counter but several
people had their pets with them (which I totally get because we are moving after all). But dogs started barking which woke him up.
After
waiting at our gate for a few hours, and a quick gate change we were finally
boarding the plane for our 10+ hour ride to Japan. Once the plane started
moving Boss Man fell asleep and so did R. and myself. R. took some Dramamine right before our
flight and it pretty much knocked him out. I slept until one of the flight
attendants woke me up asking if I wanted breakfast. I wasn't very hungry but
went ahead and took some anyway. I figured I better eat while I had the
opportunity! I didn't eat much because I had a nervous stomach. I saved a
little for the kiddo betting he was going to wake up hungry at some
point.
I have
no idea how long I actually slept on the flight. Once Boss Man woke up and there was
no sleeping to be had after that. HE wanted nothing to do with his car seat and
was all over the place. R. was out because of the Dramamine leaving me to take
care of the little one mostly on my own. (R. would wake up every so often and
try to help) I think we were about half way through our flight or just over when I finally caved and gave Boss Man a dose of liquid Tylenol. I really did
my best to hold off giving it to him but I desperately needed some rest and if
I didn't do something I knew I was going to burst into tears; with anxiety,
lack of sleep, not feeling great, and just the situation in general.
He fell
asleep probably 20 minutes after I gave him the Tylenol and I went to sleep as
well. I woke up when the flight attendants were about to hand out lunch, or maybe it was dinner.
Needless
to say we were quite glad when we landed. That. Was. A. Long. Flight! However,
upon landing and exiting the plane we were immediately ushered into a brief
before we cleared customs AND we still had a 3 hour bus ride until we made it to
Yokosuka. But we were on the final leg of the trip! Finally!!
No comments:
Post a Comment