Tuesday, May 27, 2014

OOOklahoma …..

Our drive to Oklahoma City went pretty smoothly! Boss Man declared he was done with the road trip during the last 45 minutes.

After our prior stay with the in-laws I was not really looking forward to staying with them for the next month.

Once we arrived, unloaded the car (mostly) and had dinner, I left to see Ashley! I tried to slip out with out seeming too terribly rude. I don't think it worked. However, My in-laws have been my in-laws for almost 6 years. Ashley has been my best friend for nearly 18 years. … I'm pretty sure the in-laws didn't appreciate my leaving for a few hours but I kind of didn't care!

1st on the OKC to do list was Birthday dinner with Ashley at Cheese Cake Factory. YUM-O!! I had 1 piece there and took one to go.

A week after arriving in OKC my family arrived and we had a little 1st birthday party for Boss Man. It was mostly a success, though, the main cake was a total Pinterest FAIL!!!

 DSC01591 DSC01595 DSC01620 

It was neat to have both of our families together for a little bit! My sisters and I laughed A LOT when they arrived! Big Sis was able to stay all weekend But, Sister, Mother, and Daddy had to get back shortly after the party. Sister was able to come back a couple weeks later and we had lots more laughs! DSC01583  DSC01653

Here is my Pinterest fail ‘Cat in the Hat’ cake! The ‘Green Eggs And Ham’ cake was the smash cake.

DSC01568 DSC01570

We were in Oklahoma for a week and I got sick. NO BUENO!!! I spent 3 days in bed then we had 2 snow days. Well, that totally killed a week! All of that meant I needed to cram a whole lot in just a little time. It was FANTASTIC to see old friends but I wish I would have had more time.

All in all it was a really great visit! It was so nice to be home for a while! It was so nice to have road signs and more than one way to maneuver around town. We enjoyed our time with family and friends! BUT, it would have been nice to have another week at least.

I’m sorry I don’t have more pictures. I think most are on my American phone and I have NO idea where it even is right now nor do I know where the charger is.

No comments:

Post a Comment