I am sorry for a huge delay on post. I was all ready to get rolling again with all my stories. … About that time we moved off base and haven’t had internet.
I also apologize for the formatting issue in the first few paragraphs.
After packing the car, dealing with housing, saying bye to the neighbor, and lunch it was 1 pm and definitely time to hit the road! We were looking at our longest drive of the road trip and the worst weather. ... 15 hours with snow and ice predicted.. The drive was very smooth until we got into Mississippi. Boss Man and I crashed leaving R. to do the driving. We didn't make our first stop until Atlanta, a good 5 hours down the road. Sometime past Birmingham R. And I switched driving so he could rest for a few hours. It wasn't terribly long after I started driving that it began snowing. The closer we got to Little Rock the worse the roads were. I was literally starting to fall asleep at the wheel so I pulled over about an hour out from little Rock where we switched driving again.
By the time we got to Big Sister's place it was 4 in the morning. There were 2 things I desperately wanted to do upon arrival: brush my teeth and sleep. We pulled out just what we needed namely for Boss Man and crashed.
Once we finally started moving the next morning, or later that morning as the case was, I asked R. where my overnight bag was that I asked him to keep it out when packing the previous day. His reply: 'In the cab of the car' It was certainly in the cab: in the floorboard in the middle of the car, buried under his sea bag and 2 other good size suit cases. ...Alright, well, no clean clothes. At least I could shower. But wait! I can go with dirty clothes fine, but I HAVE to have clean undies!!! So, I bundle up to go dig for um, undies and other female necessities. (Of course I have do deal with that through all of this too!) Thankfully the right bag was on top so while on the phone kneeling in the driver seat rummaging through a suit case in the back seat I manage to find part of what I need. ...Now for a toothbrush?! I realized as I crawled out of the driver seat a neighbor was watching me. ... With undies in one hand and feminine supplies in the other, I'm all like Good Morning and halfway wave as I'm trying to shove these items in the pouch of my hoodie. He sort of nodded and walked off...
Once we got rolling we made our way toward north Arkansas where we stayed the weekend visiting R's brother and wife as well as his grandparents. ....That evening we were able to unpack the car a bit and grab some clean clothes which was great, but, I couldn't find my face cleanser or razor among other things.
It was a good weekend and Boss Man got to meet his great grandparents as well as his aunt and uncle! R's parents came up as well; his dad wanted to get a 4 generation picture! It was a mini family reunion!
After the few days spent in Missouri I still couldn't find my razor or the razor I borrowed from Reed which had a fresh blade on it. I have no idea where my hair brush went and couldn't find my contact case. I used 2 little condiment dishes to hold my contacts in solution at night. I have no idea where the phone charger got placed and I dropped the cap to my tooth paste a couple days ago. Hopefully it will turn up when we are packing.
I'm constantly asking R. If he has seen something. When he asks me where something is I simply say I don't know.
While we were in Missouri there was still snow on the ground so I took Boss Man out to play in the snow for the first time!
I think he got cold and wet so he was done!
I will end this post here and will try to schedule a few post. I just looked through all my writings so far and realized 1. I have a lot to post 2. I have a lot more writing to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment