Friday, December 9, 2011

24 Christmas Questions

Rebekah at Life with the Edwards posted this today and I thought it was a fun idea!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I used to use gift bags all the time but I’ve gone more toward wrapping paper. This year I have a lot of gifts to ship and wrapping with paper makes things easier to pack up.

2. Real tree or Artificial? R. and I go for the real tree. It’s something he grew up with. (I don’t like the smell of pine and it’s his job to water it.) So, we find one that’s not too smelly. Besides, it’s better for the environment!

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving but, we will typically wait till December.  I don’t know when we are getting our tree this year.

4. When do you take the tree down? Typically sometime in the first or second week of January.

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope! I’ve tried it, don’t like it! 

6. Favorite gift received as a child? HA! I do remember one year I got a Teddy Ruxpin. But what I really wanted was a ‘Little Red Car’ I think that might have ended up being my birthday gift. (There’s a big story behind it but, I won’t share it now. ) Some years, momma did make doll clothes and Barbie clothes for me. I STILL have those! Oh, she also made bear paper dolls for me one year too, which I think I still have as well.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?  Yes. I have my Gram’s. My aunts were divvying up her things but weren’t going to split up the Nativity. so, they put the grand kid’s names in a hat that wanted it and drew a name out. It was my name they drew! I do also want the Willow Tree Nativity scene though!

8. Hardest person to buy for? R’s family, specifically his brother and Girlfriend (AKA his wife). The last couple of years they’ve told us not to buy anything because they don’t want anything. This year they followed that up with “We’re not celebrating Christmas this year”

9. Easiest person to buy for? R. He is SO easy to buy for!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Ha! Right now I don’t do Christmas cards. Maybe in a few years.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I’m sure there has been a bad gift or two. My MIL asked me if I wanted a bath robe this year. … I told her I have one. (I just found that question odd.)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have a few of favorites: A Christmas Carol, Polar Express, and Narnia. 

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Mid August. I know it’s early, but that gives me time to save up money and start searching for gifts and (typically) finish early. Yep, I’m all done shopping!

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep! Hey, If I’m not going to use it, might as well give it to someone who will/ might!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Daddy’s cinnamon rolls! Hopefully I won’t eat as many as I did last year.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights or strands of lights that are a solid color. I think white and red are pretty together. I only put white lights on my tree. I like my Christmas decorations to be simple and classic looking.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells, but this time of year I love anything by Manheim Steamroller or TSO.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on the year and who’s family we are spending Christmas with. This year we are staying put. Only because R’s leave isn’t long enough and plane tickets are expensive.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I can think of 8 of them right now. Prancer, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donnor, Blitzen, Rudolf.  (For the record I looked them up because the last one was bothering me. I’m missing Dasher.)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. I done a Santa hat before. I think it changes from year to year. I think one year I had a teddy bear.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It depends on who’s family we spend Christmas with. Mine we open on Christmas Day NO EXCEPTIONS! His family we open on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The mass of people in the malls/ stores. But, I’ve done a lot of shopping on line this year. If I have to go to the store, I try to go during the work day.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  I guess I’ll say this years ornament. But I do have several Polar Express and Willow tree Christmas decorations. (I haven’t pulled out my Christmas decorations since 2008.)

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? To be with my family and friends. But, since that’s not gonna happen :(

…. A puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment