Wednesday, December 21, 2011

O Christmas Tree

We finally got our tree purchased and up this past weekend! I’m afraid this year it’s coming down pretty quickly because of our menace pooch. … She has pounced on every present under the tree, has tried chewing on the bottom branches, and has even crawled way under the tree to drink the water.

I have a few pictures of our tree all decorated this year. We put out my Grandmother’s Nativity today. That’s about it for our decorations this year.

003

For the record, there are more ornaments on the tree than it looks like in the picture.  And, Yes! I do have stiffed bears in my tree this year! Also, Yes! My tree ‘topper’ are old school reindeer, there are 3 of them.!

   008    007

The cake was our ornament in 2008. It’s actually a bell! and says Mr. and Mrs. Has such a nice ring to it. The bell part of it is 2 wedding bands linked together.

A Tree a Prayer sorta covers 2009 and 2010. I have Rememberance for 2009 as well.

009010

Our 2010 ornament is ‘Love of Learning.’ because we both taught. This year’s ornament is the red, whit and blue blown glass! I wanted something navy or patriotic this year because the big thing in our life was R. going into Boot Camp and to our first ‘duty’ station, so to speak.

I found this one on etsy by Wolf Art Glass and Pottery. I saw this one and knew it was THE ornament for 2011! When I showed it to R. he thought it was really cool as well!

I don’t yet have a picture taken on the nativity. When I get one taken I’ll share!

No comments:

Post a Comment