I hope all of you had a great Christmas! R’s parent’s arrived on Friday. It was a surprisingly good visit considering we departed on rocky terms to say the least. But, we were both glad to see them go.
We did our Christmas thing on Saturday, dinner and presents!
We kept dinner simple. Mainly because FIL is such a picky eater. I didn’t even make pies for dessert, just cookies.
I had my camera out to take pictures while we opened presents. The only pictures I took were of Little Miss opening her treats from Aunt sister.
Before I show you those pictures, Here is a picture of my Gram’s Nativity.
Now for the cuteness! She unwrapped her gift all by herself!
She was VERY entertaining to watch! After she ate her treat She had another present to open, She needed a bit more help opening it. Then she had a blast playing in all of the wrapping paper.
R. He got several BIG gifts this year! As for me, Little Miss was my big gift. I’m very excited to have the main portion of the Willow Tree Nativity! I’ve been wanting that nativity for several years! Maybe for the next few years I can get the rest of the collection.
I am also excited about my new pot and a new cooling rack, I can’t wait to cook with them.
On Saturday I woke up around 3:30 a.m! R. was tossing and turning which woke me up. I stayed in bed until a quarter to 5. Why you ask? I started making cinnamon rolls! well, I didn’t actually start making them until 6 because I forgot to pick up a key ingredient and had to run to Wal-mart.
They were good, but not quite as tasty as the ones from last year.
Sunday we went to church. I really enjoyed the service all of the songs were Christmas Carols. R. wore his blues to church he thought it would be a good gesture for the parental units to he him in them.
After church, we ended up talking to 3 couples who were in the Navy! We knew this because they rattled off his rate! One of the couples was our age! He just separated from the Navy and she’s a teacher! I have her number I need to contact her.
Monday, The in-laws wanted to go see some of the sights, so we went walking on the beach, toured a couple of decommissioned WW2 ships, and walked around downtown. (I had every intention of bringing my camera but, forgot it.)
Tuesday, the in-laws left and I got all of the decorations off the tree.
Yesterday, we got all the Christmas decorations put away and cleaned house.
Today, we going after Christmas shopping! I got a few gift cards/ money for clothes and shoes, which I desperately need.
No comments:
Post a Comment