There have been a few things in the media/ news that have really irked me lately. …
1st. Pink slime: R and I don’t buy ground beef anymore as we’ve switched to ground turkey. But, Seriously! How can this substance, be safe to eat? It also makes me wonder what else is in our food supply. Honestly, If Whole Foods was convenient and not so expensive, I’d do my grocery shopping there.
I’m glad to see several retail grocers make the decision to stop selling the product.
2. Food dyes: This relates to number one. … I ran across an article on pinterest this morning about this very thing. This blog post had a slew of links to other articles regarding the issue. It the past few years I’ve been trying to make better food choices.
In my personal and to a degree, professional (Teacher) opinion, I believe dyes like red dye 40 can be problematic for kids; especially those who may have ADHD. There are also reports of food dyes being linked to cancer.
Several US companies no longer put artificial dyes in food they export to the UK. Their government and consumers demanded (so to speak) for natural food dyes. (Actually it was that or a warning label on foods containing the dyes.)
From what I gather, The FDA has heard report after report on the effects of Dye additives and still chooses to do nothing about it.
There are a few things I already choose to buy organic. There are several farmer’s markets around my area as well! I try to avoid corn syrup and we’ve really cut out a lot of packaged/ processed foods. I think I will add to the list cutting out artificial dyes.
3. Facebook: It’s been in the news for a while about employers checking potential employee’s Facebook pages before hiring. However, it’s been in the news the past couple of days that employers are now starting to ask potential hire-e’s for their login information or to ‘friend’ an HR person so they can have full access to said potential person’s account.
Here’s my opinion: IT’S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!!! I also feel that it’s just another way for employers to weed out/ discriminate (mainly discriminate) against hiring someone.
People need to have a ‘private’ life.
R. actually once withdrew an application from a potential job because they were so interested about his personal life. He said the employer was floored that He actually withdrew his application and walked out of the interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment