Or, the not so getting skinny.
I enjoy working out, and I need to work out, I just haven’t had the motivation to do so lately. I really want to drop a few pounds, and I would love to eat all healthy etc.
R. walked in the other night saying he’s gained 4 pounds of muscle but has dropped a percent or 2 of body fat. … All I thought was thanks for rubbing it in hun. Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud of him. Just wish I could lose some body fat too.
I’ve been trying to do better with the whole weight thing. I’ve cut back on caffeine quite a bit. I’m down to 1-2 cups of coffee and I’m down to 1-2 ‘cokes’ per day. But, my ‘cokes’ (Sodas) are caffeine free now. I was drinking 3-4 cups of coffee and 3-4 Cokes or Dr. Peppers a day.
I used to drink water all the time. I guess I started drinking so much caffeine when I came down with mono.
Since we’ve been here, I’ve fallen off that wagon. my goal this week is to continue to limit the caffeine and soda. But, I also want to drink at least 3 glasses of water every day.
Before I got married I was really good about eating fruit and veggies. But, I quit eating a lot of them after we got married because R. didn’t eat them. While he has gotten much better about eating some of them, (YES!) he doesn’t like many of the ones I like. So I still don’t eat a ton of them.
While in college my roommate, the best roommate a girl could have (I might add), and I made smoothies I loved it! I think it’s a great way to get a serving of fruit or 2 in every day.
When we go grocery shopping later this week, my plan is to pick up some frozen fruit and a bit of Greek yogurt. My goal is make a smoothie for breakfast 3 times a week to start. (Slow and steady!)
I also want to pick up some healthy things for me to snack on at home. I have found a hummus I like. that’s WAY better than dipping carrot sticks in ranch, (I don’t do this often mind you). The Hummus does help to jazz up a plain ol’ carrot stick, pretzel, or even chip.
As far as working out goes, As I mentioned above, I’ve just not been motivated. I like a lot of variety in my workouts or I get bored, fast. I like to do stuff at home. or go for walks at the park etc. I don’t like to take the time to go to the gym, besides, gym memberships can get expensive.
R. used to be great at helping me get motivated particularly by getting out there with me. I was doing good taking Little Miss with me for a walk, but she has to learn leash manners. I’m so tired of her pulling on the leash during the entire walk.
I make it sound like I’ve not made any progress. I have. … My legs and booty, are really starting to tone up. (TMI? Sorry!) now if I can just get the pesky stomach to follow suit. And I am able to wear a few items in my wardrobe I haven’t been able to wear in a few years.
Ultimately, I need to set a time in my daily routine to workout, and as Nike says, Just do it!!
I Have been working on this post since Monday. Will probably have an update soon. (Hopefully before Saturday.)
No comments:
Post a Comment