Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Baby Waiting Patience

I heard a lady once say that baby waiting patience were some of the hardest patience to have. Well…

I’m trying really hard to use my “baby waiting patience”. I’m somewhere between 37 and 38 weeks. Baby boy has dropped a bit and has located himself right on my bladder. I’ve never gone potty so many times in a day in my life!! (Sorry if that’s TMI.)

Saturday we needed to go to the commissary and a few other places. During check out the clerk looked at me and noted I’m clearly pregnant. Then proceeded to ask if he was coming that day! in her words “That sucker is about as low as he can get.” Then proceeded to tell me I’m not going to make it to my due date… Honestly, I don’t think I’ll make it to my due date either.

I needed to go to Target and pop into Babies R Us since it’s right next door. Saturday was one of those days that with every step I felt pressure. I had a couple more places I needed to go but after those two I was ready to get home and sit down for a bit. (Come to find out, it’s a good thing I decided to just come home. There was a bomb threat at the mall.)

I’m regularly, multiple times a day, getting Braxton Hicks contractions and finding a comfortable position is nearly impossible! Sleeping wise, I’ll sleep great for a couple of nights then spend the next 3-4 tossing and turning. I dread bending over; somehow that’s worse if I’m sitting down.

I’m doing my best to keep up with the dishes and laundry and I’m trying very hard to stay on top of sweeping/vacuuming and moping as well as get the spare room and guest bath ready and clean for company. Not to mention I still have to put the finishing touches on the nursery. We are also looking for meals we can make a lot of and freeze so we have easy dinners once Baby Boy is here.

I don’t want to come home from the hospital with a new baby and have a dirty house. Right now I do a task sit down for a few minutes then go tackle another.

As we play the game of wondering when Baby Boy will make his arrival, I’m doing my best to get as much done as possible AND use my baby waiting patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment