As usual it seems that I have multiple things on my mind tonight. Have you ever noticed that things in life seem to hit in waves? Being a preacher’s kid I’ve seen this on multiple occasions.
Last year it seemed like everyone was pregnant or having babies and that will continue into this year.
Several years ago everyone was getting married.
The past couple of weeks, I’ve heard about a lot of sickness and deaths.
To a degree, the engagements, weddings, and babies are just the season of life I’m in. (I know 2 people I went to college with who are also pregnant with their first baby!)
The sickness and death isn’t necessarily a “season of life”. With that being said, I have a few prayer request.
I found out last night that a teacher I used to work with has breast cancer. She had surgery this afternoon to remove the tumor and biopsy the lymph nodes. From what I gather via Facebook the surgery was successful! Please continue to pray for her and her family as she continues to recover. At this time I don’t know if she will have to have chemo and or radiation as a precautionary measure.
My cousin’s girlfriend’s brother-in-law and 2 nephews were killed in a hiking accident. I don’t really know any details other than that, but I know her family has been having a rough time the past couple of weeks.
My neighbors, Britney and Alex, have been having a rough go of it the past few months. Her dad has prostate cancer and his mom has breast cancer. (Her dad has had surgery and is recovering. I think he is going back to work soon.) … Alex was pulled out of training to be placed on med hold while Britney was on bed rest during her pregnancy. The last I’ve heard they are thinking about pulling him out of the same training and placed back on med hold because he has an awful case of vertigo. He isn’t sure if he will be able to stay in the Navy or not. He will be meeting with a neurologist soon if he hasn’t already.
The school here is tough with out having all of the external factors going on.
Thank you for praying for these 3 families.
No comments:
Post a Comment