I’ve been thinking about resolutions for a few weeks now. I usually have at least a few going into a new year. This year I really haven’t. It’s probably because I realize we are about to discover a whole new routine.
I know I will want to lose the baby weight, I’m hoping there won’t be too much to lose after he arrives. I admit I haven’t eaten the most healthy since I’ve been pregnant but I have (mostly) tried to not over indulge.
I don’t quite feel like I can place work out or lose weight on the list this year because I know it will be a process. And let’s face it, after having mono then being pregnant… I pretty much have to start my workout routine from scratch. I can’t wait to do yoga again and I’m even excited about getting back to running.
I feel like placing birthing a baby on a resolution list is just cheating.
I also want to do a much, MUCH better job of blogging this year. I slacked off big time last year. though, I don’t think you missed much, I was pretty boring last year.
One thing I wanted to do last year was read the Bible cover to cover in a year. I was close to completing that one on time! I got behind in my reading at times but I tried to stay caught up. I got a couple of weeks behind toward the end of November and decided to just stay behind until I finished.
My MIL got R and I each a copy of ‘Jesus Calling’ for Christmas. It has one little devotional with scriptures to accompany for each day of the year. I didn’t start going through this one until I finished the ‘One Year Bible’. So far I like it.
Diving into God’s word at least a little bit each day or in my case each night, is something I want to continue this year. I used to pray every night I have unfortunately fallen off the wagon on this one. I’m trying to work on getting back into that habit.
I’d also like to start going to church regularly again. For a while last year, we were doing so good but fell out of that habit also. I also am trying to be more thankful and positive.
Do you have any resolutions this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment