
Wow, 4 post with in a week. I think this is a record as of late. Today I’m going to link up with Ashley and Neely for Sunday Social. I’ve known they’ve been doing this link up for a while but keep forgetting about it. It doesn’t help that I’ve been MIA from blogging for what seems like the last year, at least the last several months.
Today topic is ‘All About Fall’
I’ll admit, I used to not like fall. It typically means Old Man Winter is on his way. But, I have had to learn to not think about winter just yet and focus on the current season. (Which is still summer here) At least that’s what if still feels like. Since we’ve been in South Carolina I’ve found myself longing for Fall to arrive.
I’ve also started focusing on the relief of the cooler fall temps from Summer and I keep in mind that the holiday season is almost upon us. (I picked up my first Christmas gifts yesterday.)
I’m thrilled about this week’s forecast. We have a '’cold front” moving in.
You see Monday… The high is supposed to be 70! We even have some lows in the upper 50’s predicted.
OK on to Fallish topics:
1. Leaves.
My favorite are the red and orange ones. Living in Louisiana, I never really saw the leaves change colors. The old leaves fell off in the Spring when the new ones sprouted pushing off the old ones.
2. Football
I’ve watched football since I was little. I remember the night I learned to enjoy the sport. It is truly my favorite sport.
My favorite NFL team is none other than the New Orleans Saints.
I enjoy watching College football too. But, I really like so many different teams It’s hard to choose my number one team. As far as Big 12 goes, I’m all about the Longhorns but Oklahoma State is second. In the SEC LSU is my favorite. I enjoy Auburn and Ole Miss too.
Saturday Game day and Sunday night football can be fun, but nothing beats being in the stadium on a Friday night for high school football. (I know I have pictures from college and high school. I’ll have to locate some of them and share in another post.)
3. Open Windows
I can’t for the outside temperature to cool enough to open the windows. Not only is it energy efficient it aids the electric bill, always a great thing, I love the crispness and smell of the fresh fall air moving through the house. I feel like air in the house gets so stuffy from the AC during the summer.
4. The scents of fall
while this may sound crazy, I think everyone has some scent that reminds them of certain seasons; for me it’s apple cinnamon, the smell of a camp fire, and pumpkin.
5. Speaking of Pumpkin
It might as well have it’s own category. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin patches and carving pumpkins. ( On a side note, I didn’t carve my first pumpkin unil my Sophomore year of college.) I’ll go ahead and mention corn mazes here too. I haven’t been through many but the ones I have were kinda fun.
6. Decorations
I don’t have any fall decorations only because I don’t have places in the house to decorate or space to store decorations. But, I love looking at all of them in the stores and pictures online. Hopefully one day I’ll have a house conducive to decorating.
I think I’ll stop here before I get to carried away.








I don't have any fall decorations up in my house either - we are working on the basement so everything is filthy...I did get 2 pumpkins to put outside though. AND I love the scent of fall too :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I can only imagine the task of working on a basement. I've been thinking about getting a couple, or a few pumpkins to carve and place outside.
DeleteLoving fall and the cooler temps! (Which in TX just happened this weekend and it looks like this cold front is heading your way) ;) But our temps go back to the 80s next week, so it's been nice enjoying a slight break. On another note, I want those owls!! They are super cute!! Stopping by from the Sunday Social link up!! Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! This cold front has been great! The owls are from Pottery Barn.
Delete