I realize it is about 1a.m. as I write. I should be in bed right now, but at this moment I feel blogging is just more important! Besides with all the great stories I have from the day, I've got to record them while they're fresh in my mind. Right?
First work was GREAT today, I had so much fun! I managed to find my way to help on the playground quite frequently! The kids were wild today. I figured out why as Ashley and I were driving from dinner. It's a full moon tonight. I have NO idea what it is about a full moon that makes kids crazy.
My favorite story from work was a quote a teacher said. Every time I've thought about it the rest of the day, I've laughed out loud. Kid A is "driving" a little red car; kid B is riding on the front of said car. We had been asking kid B to pull his pants up all recess. Bless his heart, his pants were just too big for him. This is how the following conversation goes:
ME: B why don't you hop down and pull your pants up (They had fallen past his bottom.)
OTHER TEACHER: "Yeah because I can see the mac truck."
ME: hysterical burst of laughter. I was laughing so hard I almost fell down, couldn't breath, and was wiping tears away.
OTHER TEACHER: "What? I was referring to the underwear." Kid B happened to be wearing "Cars" underwear.
Right after school, I drove to Sonic grabbed a couple of drinks and headed to Ashley's place. She called just as I pull into Sonic . We're talking etc. when She says "Oh my goodness, I just passed the "Statue Of Liberty" lady and she looks just like your mom" About that time, the car hop was bringing my drinks to me she looked at me real funny when she saw and heard me laughing.
When I finally got home tonight I got caught up on blog reading and Facebook for the day. I read so many funny stories.
Ashley and I have a knack for wearing the same piece of jewelry, headband, shirt, shoes, or even WHOLE outfits simultaneously. This started when we went to church together years ago and has just kinda continued. I showed up at her house one day; we hadn't seen each other in about a year. when she answered the door, I kid you not, we were wearing the EXACT same sweater!
So, Why would tonight for Beauty and the Beast be any exception? If I would have remembered my jewelry we would have worn the same necklace, we wore the same flower in our hear both curled our hair and wore the same, exact same, shade of purple shirts and black boots. CRAZY! (I think we should have been born twins.)
We, I, was laughing the whole time (Have I mentioned I've not slept much this week?) We got to dinner and decided to split the same meal. It was DELISH! There were even leftovers; just enough for each of us to have lunch tomorrow! Talk about cutting our time close! we both planned to have about 20-30 minutes of wiggle room in our schedule. Well... Every bit of that time was taken by our waitress.
We found a parking spot really not to far from the theater, maybe 3 blocks. When we got into the theater it was a mad house. The lady pointed toward the opposite end of the lobby to get up to our seats. We practically ran across the lobby where we found no stairs on that end and a long line for the elevator. We decide to run back across the lobby and up the 4-5 flights of stairs.
The ticket checker scanned our tickets and asked if we had others. luckily we did!! The Theater sent us 2 sets of tickets. We walked down the hall to enter the theater just as we heard the announcer say "We are so glad you are hear tonight...." We ran through the rest of the hall, found our row, climbed over people as we apologized profusely, and took our seats. About 2 minutes later the announcer said "We hope you enjoy the show; presenting Beauty and the Beast." Whew! We made it and didn't miss anything!
Oh My! Beauty and the Beast was AWESOME!! The actors and actresses voices were so close to the Disney movie it was uncanny. I heard Bell speak/sing her opening lines and I thought "Thats Bell!" There were lots of funny moments! I didn't expect to laugh that much during this production! Oh My Goodness it was So good; I would LOVE to see it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment