Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What a day!

Last semester, I didn't necessarily miss teaching full time. I didn't have to worry about the teaching, reteaching and reteaching, grading, lesson planning, parent /teacher conferences, and everything else a teacher may do in her 14 hour day.  And then there are days like today, that make me wish I were teaching 1st, heck, even 3rd grade again.

We've been out of school for about a week and a half due to the snow, which I think has affected just about the entire country.  So today at day school, we were met with wild kids and parties. Ha! I know right, first day back and it's a party day; so not what we needed to get back in routine.

Anyway Back to the day, I bent my nail back getting a kid out of his car seat, Don't know how I did it. It still hurts! I got the pleasure of changing 2 kids who had potty accidents. HA! one of them had her accident on the playground, I looked over and she had pulled down all of her bottoms.  I had to sub for a class for an hour or so while the teacher took her child to the doctor.  One of her students had a HUGE meltdown. Kicking, screaming, trying to run out of the classroom etc. I had to hold/ kinda restrain him while his grandmother left.

I was in and out of classrooms helping with parties when I realized I hadn't eaten or even had anything to drink all day. No wonder I felt like I was going to pass out!

The best part of the day, hopefully you can sense my sarcasm, was when I was helping a kid go potty and she proceeded to puke everywhere. OH goodie! the one bodily fluid I can't handle that well and I get to clean it up. Hmmm, did I mention I also got to clean up pee in the bathroom? Apparently we have boys who think you pee in the floor drain.  45 minutes later the mess was finally cleaned up.

I can't write a post and not have a story about the in-laws. This one has to do with the MIL, Who I'm living with and who's my boss. I know right, K, and Ashley I'm feeling some girl time this weekend. ....

This afternoon several of us were in the hall conversing with one another MIL walks up asking if it was hot or if it was just her. I was telling her about Reed and I being hot the other night, air does not circulate in this house. We closed the air vent, had the fan on, and opened a window.

Now for some background information, Reed had the upstairs room  which runs on it's own heat/ air unit. When he went to college, his parents let BIL move into the room. BIL had his own room before he moved up stairs. Reed came home on break to discover BIL now occupied his room.

OK back to the MIL story, I just mentioned Reed had said he wished we were upstairs because it does run on it's own unit. "She snapped at me He has a roof over his head!" MMM, I kept my mouth shut; physically bit my tongue to not say anything. The only reason I didn't say anything was because there were several people around.

What did I almost say? Whew, I almost asked her if they liked BIL more than Reed. If Reed did something to render the youngest the favorite. What is it about Reed that his feeling don't matter? If the room situation would have been me, I would have felt very unwelcome; like I didn't have a place in my parent's house any more. I don't know maybe I'm being irrational. What do you think?

I've started a list of things I've learned since I've moved in with the in-laws. Number one on the list: Reed's feeling's don't matter.

I hope when I have kids I will listen to all sided of the story and treat them all as fairly as possible. I also hope I will have rules that are the same for all kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment