Monday, July 11, 2011

A Few Random Things …

Maybe by the time I have this post written out, I’ll think of a title for it.

Random #1

I’m sorry I haven’t posted a lot lately. I haven’t seemed to find a good groove since I’ve been at my parent’s house.

Random #2

For the past couple of days I’ve been on the edge of tears. I’ve had put my emotions in check quickly on several occasions during this  time.

Sister arrived on Friday afternoon and we’ve all had quite a good time! Daddy Sister and I were in the middle of a project when I checked my phone. I had a text from Big Sister. It basically said they were about to put down their oldest dog.

She was 13 1/2. I don’t remember the technical term for it but basically her stomach flipped. The only way to correct the issue is via surgery.  She had several other health issues and they felt it was time to let her go.

       

Sister and brother have had Molly girl since the day she was born. She was a full blood Doberman and was as sweet as they come. She had her momma’s sleekness and sweetness with her daddy’s smile, playfulness, and cockeyed ears!

Molly and her brother Coffman were the only puppies that survived the little.  It was like a little Doberman Family! Momma, Daddy, Brother and Sister!

Momma Dober. died 2-3 years after the puppies were born. Coffman died several months after Angel did. Otis died in 2006. (The only reason I remember that is because it was R and I’s first date.)

Well, that was the long way to say I was doing pretty good until I saw Big sister’s post on Facebook.  I had a hard time leaving the dogs this trip but, I knew somehow that I would not see little Molly Girl again.

Random #3

My Mom is having surgery in the morning. I really think everything will run smoothly. She’s not nervous and I don’t think Daddy or Sister is either. But I am! I don’t really handle these things well.  So, I  guess I have the nerves covered for everyone.

This is one reason I’m SO thankful Sister is here. Anyone who knows me very well knows when I get these nerves I internalize, especially if I’m by myself. If Sister wouldn’t be here I’d be in the waiting room by myself.  I’m thankful Sister will be here to break me out of that and take my mind off of things.  (she’s the family clown!)

I can’t get too upset in front of Daddy because he’ll start in too. I’m also really wishing R. would be here through this too.

I ask that you pray for my Momma as she has her surgery in the morning. That she does well, and has a swift recovery. I also ask that you be with the doctors and nurses who are tending to her.

I don’t know how much blogging I’ll get in this week. I’m finally doing better about reading and staying caught up in that regard.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to post about her progress tomorrow or not. She has to stay overnight and I don’t know if I’ll be staying with her or not.

Random #4

On a positive note, we are T minus 12 days until I can FINALLY see R! I leave for Chicago in 11 days! and I STILL don’t have all of my logistics worked out. I’m looking for another hotel to stay in, either for my full time there or for the second 1/2 of my time there.

R. mentioned that Base isn’t in the best area and it’s about 30 miles north of Chicago. So, I’m thinking I need to find a place closer to the city.  I hope soon I’ll have everything booked.

R. has his culminating activity Wednesday night into Thursday morning. It’s a 12 hour deal. Please pray that he does well on this activity. Also pray that his division will work together as they need to during this activity. (A group of the people in the division still haven’t figured out how to play well with others.)

Well, I suppose that’s it for tonight. I need to write R. before I head to bed myself and I have to be up super early in the morning to make the drive to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment