R called yesterday afternoon and we talked for 20 or so minutes! The first thing he said when I answered the phone was ‘I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?’
Of course my first though was ‘OH NO! his graduation date has been pushed back.’ I calmly said “Well, I guess give me the bad first. …” He says “Bad news is I STILL have to wait a week to see you. Good news is I’m Officially a Sailor!! I finished Battle Stations this morning!”
Ornery!!
In our conversations he gave me more information I need to know, which is good. He also gave me information about how he’s done on different qualifications and test. I finally found out what his rate is. He got the rate he put in for! YAY!
He said his division has gone from the screw up division to kind of a top division! He said his division scored perfectly on their last inspection! He noted too that his division has the opportunity to score extra liberty at graduation on Friday! The division as a whole has to keep their act in gear though. So, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that they can meet that goal.
He also told me he sent his mother a letter about our mail and ‘the box’ I’ve received several opened pieces of our mail, bills, from her. She NEVER mailed me the box R. sent home during his first night at Boot Camp. GOOD for HIM!! I expected him to not really do anything about it until Graduation. I’m glad he stepped up and said something about it.
Speaking of Graduation: I can’t believe I’m leaving for the Chicago area in 5 days! I fly in Thursday morning! I still have NO IDEA what I’m going to do while I’m there, especially after I see R. off at the airport. I have All of Sunday and most of Monday to hang out.
I FINALLY have my hotel booked. I had one booked but it is so far from Chicago and R. has mentioned several times that base isn’t in a good area. I found one closer to Chicago by several miles and at a price I was willing to pay. The only thing left to book is a second rental car if I think I’ll need one. (I’m beginning to wonder if it’s my goal to make this trip as complicated as possible.)
Well, I’m going to end this post here because I have another one brewing in my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment