Let me just say after spending almost 13 hours in Chicago O’ Hare airport I’m SO thankful to be out of Chicago.
Roads majorly flooded which caused loads of delays. (almost all morning flights were delayed.) There were so many people in terminal 3 you couldn’t move, let alone figure out what line went where.
Thankfully I had R. waiting in the other terminal to get me out of all of that mess and get through security with him.
I got to my hotel room after dropping R. off after liberty and flipped out! I was looking through Facebook saw some pictures of the motorcycle brigade and lost it. I had a huge horrible feeling in my stomach. Something told me to get out of Chicago ASAP! I texted Sister about it, she said change the flight so I did. Please pray that the hotel will refund my money for the nights not stayed.
All of a sudden I felt like I needed to be with family or someone!
So, I dropped off my rental car around 11:30 last night caught a shuttle bus, and was at the airport! I went to the USO office for several hours.
The said flooding, had R. with the other Sailors stuck on 3 charter busses for 4 hours!
I DO feel like I made the right decision to leave today rather than wait till Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment