Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It’s Been a While…

Since my last post.

I still need to update you on R’s Boot Camp Graduation.

I’m SO behind on blog reading. Hopefully I’ll get caught up eventually. Here’s what I’ve been up to for the past couple of weeks.

I left Chicago on the 23 of July and went back to Dallas. On Monday of Last week R. called to tell me he was headed to OKC on Wednesday!

Tuesday around noon I drove to OKC so I could have a little bit of time to spend with Ashley and K. Wednesday night I finally made it to the airport to pick up my man!

Thursday R and I had a few errands to run and several people to see. After which, we went to pick up the moving truck. Granted we were running a couple hours behind to pick it up, but we didn’t get it until 1:00 that afternoon! (We were scheduled to pick it up at 9:30am.)  We FINALLY headed to the storage unit to load up.

After dinner with R’s parents and his cousin, we went to his parent’s house to load up the last of our things there.

Friday morning we began our trek to South Carolina, our home for the next 2 years.

We have base housing, which is quite nice on the inside. It doesn’t look like much on the outside. 

We almost have the kitchen unpacked! I think I’m down to 2 half boxes. My goal by the day’s end is to have the kitchen completely put together!

Most of our furniture got scratched up in route so, getting furniture placed will take some time. I’ve had several people ask about pictures of our new living quarters. After I get the kitchen in order, I’ll hunt down the camera and snap some pictures to share.

I’ll let you go for now. I do have several other stories to tell about the move and trying to find our way around here. But for now, I have a kitchen calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment