I am still here. I’ve finally gotten all caught up on blog reading. It took a few days but, I’m there!
I left off with R’s Boot Camp Graduation and Chicago weekend. While the trip wasn’t a total bust, I did after all get to see my Handsome Husband! (Even if it was for a short time. ) The trip didn’t go exactly according to plan. ….
I mentioned I had a TOTAL meltdown and COMPLETELY flipped out after I dropped R. off at the end of his liberty. Here’s a little more detail.
My Dad’s cousin was KIA and MIA in Vietnam. The Family had his memorial service the same weekend I was in Chicago. I had been on Facebook looking at pictures from this event when the meltdown began.
All of a sudden I started thinking about family, namely R. I began thinking about how I don’t know what I would do with R. I called K. who thankfully helped me calm down for a little bit anyway and I decided to hop on the next flight I could back to Dallas. ( I still can’t quite verbalize what was going through my head.) But, I did know I needed to leave.
I had to drop of my rental car later that night anyway. So, I checked out of my hotel, checked my car back in and found the USO office and waited for R. to arrive at the airport.
Chicago flooded that night/morning. R. was 3 hours late getting to the airport because of it. Seeing the lines beginning to form in the terminal I was in, I went to mine to check into my flight. Which was HORRABLE! I jumped all over one lady as I started crying because she made some comment about cutting in line. The terminal building was literally wall to wall people. (I’ve never seen such chaos in my life!)
R called me and I answered the phone crying. (Luckily the terminal he was in and the one I was in were with in walking distance.) He got permission to come help me. We found a kiosk and I checked into my flight and checked my bag.
I called him back (He had to run back to his terminal to get his boarding pass) He was about to go through security. I RAN back to his terminal (And was thinking I’m SO glad I’ve been running this summer!) As I said, there were people EVERYWHERE! the lines of people were more than exploding out of the doors by now! So as I was running, I’m coming up to people just chilling and I’m yelling EXCUSE ME!! parent’s were pulling their kids out of the way! (I’m telling you the whole thing was just one giant debacle!)
I was able to hop in line with R to get through security, which was a complete godsend! It took us 15 minutes to get through otherwise it would have taken me 5 hours!
Getting through security ended up being an issue to! Nothing can go smoothly, right!? I usually have everything together to get through security quickly and smoothly. I was THAT person this time! I had my laptop out, my purse ready and my little bag of liquids out. I forgot that I had a belt on and I forgot to take off my flip flops.
The TSA guy had to of thought I was an idiot. He had to tell me 4 times to put my flip flops through the x-ray. (I had been awake for close to 28 hours at this point) Then I forgot I had a belt on. I typically NEVER travel through airports with a belt on!
I finally made it through security R. helped me gather my stuff and secure my laptop and liquids. I was able to see R off on his flight and I headed across the airport (quite literally) to my gate.
Several hours and 3 gates later I finally boarded my plane! I slept the entire flight. I barely made it through the typically preflight safety stuff they do.
By the time I made it to Dallas I had been awake for roughly 36 hours! Sister picked me up, we grabbed dinner and rented a couple of movies. As soon as we sat down to watch the movies, I was asleep!
I was SO tired and it was such an emotional weekend anyway, I couldn’t quit crying.
No comments:
Post a Comment