I’m sorry I’m a few days late with this post. Today, I’m going to link up with Rebekah for Mil. Spouse Roundup. Forgive my tardiness on linking up please.

I’m Teddie a 28 year old who’s trying to figure out this whole military thing. (You can read previous post for the full story. But, here’s a quick rundown.)…
R. enlisted last year. (Actually a year ago this past Saturday.) We had both lost our jobs, due to budget cuts. After putting in some 400 applications between the 2 of us and getting very few bites, R. decided to walk into the local Navy recruiting office. …
One big reason for the Navy decision was because we found out we were expecting. With no jobs at all we had to do something, not to mention the mortgage we needed to pay.
The same day R. found out he’s been accepted into the Navy we found out we miscarried. …
So, Here we are a year later. This past summer he went through Boot Camp. A few days after he finished up, we loaded the truck and moved to South Carolina. We’ll be here for a couple of years.
I’m still adjusting to this gig as I said. I married a teacher NOT a sailor! I wish I could say that after being here for 2 weeks I have everything all unpacked and in it’s place, but that’s just not so.
I’m thankful R. has a good support system here. (At least it seems like he does.) The people around him are in the same boat so to speak right now. I’m thankful he’s met a lot of people.
We did attend church yesterday. That was very up lifting. For the first time in well over a year, maybe almost 2 now, we both found a congregation we both enjoyed attending! They were the most friendly people I’ve met/ encountered since I’ve been here!
No comments:
Post a Comment