Not many people know that I had a job interview this past Monday. I wasn’t terribly nervous until I walked into the conferenced room and found a panel of 5 people sitting there.
While this interview was for a teaching position, which is what I’ve said I want to do IF I teach. … I don’t know if it’s what I’m supposed to or should do.
Before College, I thought about doing several things in addition to teaching or even in lue of. Now that I think about it, I’m wondering if there’s something to that.
I am a VERY creative person, and I thrive off of creative energy. I know one can be very creative in the field of education. I honestly don’t know if it’s what I’m supposed to be doing.
I enjoy teaching and watching my students learn, but that’s about the only aspect of teaching I enjoy. I loath meeting with parents, I hate the politics of it. The worst thing is having an administrator who doesn’t support you.
This past winter, I started sketching out dresses and other garments. I haven’t really picked it up since, but last night I found myself not sleeping because I had visions of dresses dancing in my head.
So the question is ‘How do I pursue this????’ How do I go about this? Have I mentioned sewing isn’t quite my forte? I can sew. But, I typically find it tedious. This is probably because I need a better sewing machine.
I suppose, the entire point of this post is ‘What am I supposed to do with my life’? Maybe it’s one of the things I’ve thought about doing 10-11 years ago. … Like fashion.
I think I’ve always thought of it as something that would be FUN to do, but I never thought I had it in me to do. I’ve never had much ‘fashion’ sense. I mean come on, for the past 2 years my fashion has consisted of jeans and a t-shirt or workout gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment