Thursday, August 11, 2011

In OKC For The Move

I arrived in Dallas from Chicago on Saturday. Monday afternoon R. called to tell me he would be in OKC on Wednesday. I left for OKC on Tuesday so I could have some time to visit with Ashley and Katie.

July 27

Wednesday evening after saying bye to K. and later Ashley, I headed to the airport to meet R. The 25 or so minute trip turned into an hour trip and R’s flight came in 30 minutes early!

I have NO idea who decided to shut down west bound exits for both I44 and I40 from 235 in OKC but that person is a COMPLETE idiot!! I had to loop around twice then exit on one road to get to another highway which would hopefully connect me to I44. Only, I had to turn around again because the road I chose to exit on didn’t have access to the other highway I needed.

I got to the airport then couldn’t find R! GRRR!

FINALLY! I had him! He was HOME!

We stayed with his grandparents while we were in OKC. I think his mom was MAD about that. Apparently she wanted to meet R at the airport and he told her NO! She was probably mad about that too. He wouldn’t even tell her what time his flight was coming in.

July 28th

There were several people R. wanted to see while he was in town so, we got up and began making visits. We then made our way to get our moving truck. We were running a couple of hours late picking it up, but, it wasn’t ready!

It was triple digit temperatures while we loaded up the truck. We had a systematic way we wanted it loaded. But, that meant we needed the stuff that was in the back of our storage unit first. We were rolling pretty good until FIL showed up to help. I didn’t say anything, but he was making me SO frustrated! He was just putting boxes on the truck! 

I’ve moved several times in my day and while I’ve never actually loaded up the moving truck, until now, I KNOW there’s a system to it. (When we’d move as a kid, we had several cars full of stuff and 2 26foot moving trucks!)

We had dinner that evening with the in laws, MIL barely spoke 10 words to R or I. We were surprised that BIL and Girlfriend didn’t show up. … OK we were only half surprised. When we asked about them MIL’s reply was they’re not coming.

R and myself along with R’s cousin, were thinking it was because they didn’t want to come. … The truth came out later. … BIL pulled up at the in-laws house as we were about to roll out. He had NO idea we were even in town! The parental units never told him.

The next part of this story contains our driving adventures. It’s a whole other post.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment