Friday, August 19, 2011

Shoes

Who knew it would be SO stinkin’ difficult to find a pair of running shoes that not only fit but are comfortable too! In the past week, I’ve returned 2 pairs of running shoes because they didn’t fit properly or weren’t comfortable during a run.

I bought a pair of Addidas’ that I settled for (They were the most comfortable shoe I’d tried on that day.) But, during my run later that evening, my foot went numb in them. ... So, I bought a pair of Nike’s. I put them on Saturday night and realized they were too small! (I didn’t wear sock I usually wear when I tried them on.)

I had the guy measure my foot when I returned them. He told me my feet were a whole size different. He said one was 7 ½ and the other was 8 ½.  I was So frustrated that I didn’t even look at other pairs of shoes. I returned the one’s I purchased and left!

There is NO WAY my foot is 7 ½!  I don’t remember the last time I could fit into a 7 ½ shoe! AND the 9's I returned were too small for my foot he said was 8 ½! I’ve even recently gotten rid of all of my 8-8 ½ sized shoes because they were ALL too small!

So, Last night, I did some research which resulted to me measuring my foot at home. My measurements say my large foot is a 9! And the smaller almost a 9!

In a few hours, I will be off AGAIN to find a pair of running shoes. Who knows what I’ll end up with today. Hopefully 3rd time will be a charm!


Well, I ended up with these Mizuno’s.

             iphone pics 003

I think they’re too big. But, I’m just going to deal with it. I’m so tired of trying on running shoes. When I bought the Nike’s I also bought a pair of insoles. I tried those in the Mizuno’s today and that helps take up excess room. But, it seems that the whole size is slightly to small and the ½ size is too big.  What’s a girl to do!?

 

Now if I can get my toe to heal so I can go running again. It got stomped on a couple  weeks ago. It was a TOTAL accident mind you, but it almost broke my toe. I can finally move it with out it hurting but, to walk a distance still hurts. It was doing better last weekend but while we were walking around some ‘town/island’ around here it snapped! Had I not been holding R’s arm I would have hit the deck!  I think that started the healing process ALL over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment