Do you remember as you were growing up, you’d say I’m NOT going to do _____ like my mom/ dad does when I grow up. Then as they years go by you find yourself doing to very things you said you’d never do?!
Well, I’ve been noticing I have A LOT of habits or qualities of my parents. I’ve especially noticed this in the past year.
The things I’ve been thinking of haven’t quite been things I’ve said I’d never do But, since I’ve been at my parents house I’ve noticed SO many things that I get from either parent. But, there are a few things I get from my mother!
(R. Is going to LOVE this post!! ) The very first time R. met my mom, we had been at their house for a couple of hours visiting with my dad when my mom walked in from work. She had an arm load of stuff said hi and kept on talking as she was walking through the house to set stuff down. …R. looked at me then towards my mother and said “You are your mother’s daughter!” Daddy busted out laughing!
My mom is constantly on the go. She can’t seem to sit still even in her recliner, she’s rocking back and forth. She’s always up around the house getting something done. We’ve really been fusing at her since her surgery to stop doing chores!
R. is always fussing at me and telling me to sit down and chill for a minute, that I can work on the chores later. My thinking is if I get it all done then I CAN sit down and relax. If I stop before they’re done, I’m just going to sit there and think about all of the stuff I still need to do.
Another thing I get from my mother: It takes her 3 hours to go to bed. I’m SERIOUS! Last night she told me she was headed to bed. 2 hours later she was still up! When I asked her about this, she told me she was waiting for the washer to stop so she could switch out the clothes. She ASKED me to do the laundry so she wouldn’t HAVE to do it!
R. is ALWAYS telling me to GO TO BED!! He’s picked me up and carried me to bed before, on a number of occasions actually! Then I’ll end up saying Well, I can’t go to bed yet, I need to do _____ first. For me it’s usually brush my teeth, apply moisturizer to my face, or grab a drink.
During my conversation last night with mother, I pulled her shoes off her feet (she had on flip flops), gently swung her legs around onto the bed. She said there’s just one thing…She had to take her ears out. Then she HAD to check on the laundry and switch it out before she could go to bed.
Hopefully after fussing a mother for the past week to take it easy, I’ll learn to stop and rest myself. And, if not I’m thankful I’m married to a great man who will do his best to MAKE me rest!
I notice the same things as I get older too! I think it's too funny that as we get older we become more and more like our parents. What is funny to me lately is the fact that I am a lot more like my real dad than I ever thought I was. It's really interesting to me lol. Love you and glad your mom is doing well!
ReplyDelete