When Sister and I were at Mother and Daddy’s last week, one of the ladies brought us a pot roast for dinner and sent peach cobbler along for dessert.
We finished eating, Daddy got up from the table, and Sister Momma and I broke out the cobbler! After each of us serving ourselves We decided to give Daddy a piece. Sister put some on his plate, brought it to him and said ‘ eat it slowly, that’s all that’s left.’ Meanwhile, we each served our selves a second helping then Sister proceeded to clean out the pan. She had a fork in one hand and was using her fingers as well to clean out the pan!
It was the funniest thing! She looked like a kid you’d see on a movie who hasn’t eaten for a while, then when they do they scarf it down!
Daddy, just thought we were lying about there not being anymore. He shouldn’t be eating any in the first place, he’s diabetic.
It just so happened, mom and dad had a whole bunch of peaches that needed to be eaten. So, I hopped on food network, found a recipe, and began baking.
I put blueberries in the one on the right.
It was a little tart but, I used splenda rather than sugar so Daddy could eat it. (Don’t mind the chocolate chip ice cream. It’s the only kind my parents had.)
I’m thinking it went over well even with the tartness. I though the one with blueberries in it was better than the plain one!
Daddy had me bring a frozen store bought cobbler with me to Sister’s. He didn’t want her to be ‘short’ on cobbler!
No comments:
Post a Comment