Sunday, July 17, 2011

More about Mom’s Surgery

So, Mom’s surgery went well and she’s recovering, She’s up and about and doing to much. But, she’s recovering.

She had a fairly common procedure done but, I don’t want to completely go into it all. It’s a bit of TMI. OK it’s a lot of TMI!  They gave her morphine in the hospital for pain. It affected her speech which Sister and I found pretty amusing!

Speaking of Sister and I we planned to leave for the hospital by 6:45 am. It was 7:15 before we left! I was up getting ready, realized it was 6:20 and she wasn’t up yet. So I woke her up. Once she was up, things were still going smoothly UNTIL I dropped my contact while trying to put it in. We found it, I cleaned it off, got my eyes in, and were off to the next task.

the next task ended up being quite a cluster as well. We were both getting hungry so I popped some bread in the toaster. When it was done we started buttering the toast. … I ended up sending the butter container and knife across the table and floor in the process.

We were FINALLY ready to get out the door. We both paused and looked at each other before closing said door. As soon as it was closed, Sister looked at me and said “Umm, Do you have a key to the door? my purse and keys are in it!” 

I knew I was staying the night with mom so my purse was full of books, toothpaste/ brush contact solution etc. I said No, but I know where the spare is. He reply was I don’t think I locked the back door after I let Ham in. (Her husky) She ran in grabbed everything locked the back door and front door behind her and we were off… FINALLY!

 

I have been pretty impressed with the people from their church. seven people stopped by the hospital to visit. And other people have brought dinner by every evening. (I think Daddy’s getting a bit tired of leftovers for lunch.) We need to eat the food before it spoils. OH! and they’ve brought dessert with EVERY meal too! It’s all been very delish but, I’m gaining back a few pounds I’ve lost. That’s NOT good!

(The weight things certainly isn’t good .. Reed’s got a bet with Me on that one. He’s probably still going to kick my butt because he’s been in Boot Camp for the past 9 weeks but, he’s a dude too. We ALL know dudes lose weight faster than girls do. But, I’m doing my best. Hoping to drop about 4-5 pounds before I see him. The likely hood of that happening before Friday, Not great but I’ll do my best! .)

No comments:

Post a Comment