Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Fourth of July 2011!

Before I catch you up on my week, I do want to say HAPPY 4th! I’m not doing my usual thing this year. But, it’s OK! later, I’ll go downtown and settle in to watch the fireworks over the bay tonight!

Well, after a week of no internet, I’m all caught up and excited to post again!

I didn’t have a ton going on while I was off line. My parent’s church had VBS last week, which was such an uplifting time! they had a group come in from another church about 5 hours away.

The group was/ is such a great group who love each other and enjoy being at church! Which was quite refreshing. It’s been a while since I’ve been excited about walking into a church building. They had classes for all ages including adults! I enjoyed the classes very much.

The teacher of the adult class caused me to think about several things. And, since I’ve been at my parent’s I’ve been able to put a few things into perspective. Which in a way is good.

I FINALLY talked to R. on Saturday afternoon! his division is the screw up division! But, the entire division had a great week so they were rewarded with phone calls! It was very good to hear his voice! And it renewed my spirits! As of today we have 17 days until PIR. (To those of you who have been praying, Thank You!)

Daddy came in Saturday night from his mission trip. He’s very glad to be home after being 7,000 miles away for the past 3 weeks. We are glad he made the trip safely and had a great trip while there!

I realized last night, that seeing Chicago while I’m there just isn’t going to be feasible. But, it’s OK, as long as R and I have the opportunity to spend some time together, it will be alright. As it stands now, I’ll see more of the airport than anything else!

Maybe Sunday I can see a couple of things. I’m still trying to decide if I want to rent a car or go the public transportation route. I keep going back and forth on my decision.

I suppose, that’s about all I have right now. Have a great 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment