Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

To all who have served and are serving in our military, Thank you so much. To the families of those who serve as well Thank you. I KNOW it’s not an easy life.

I thought I’d share some pictures with you today in honor of Veteran’s Day.

image   image

These two pictures are of my Pawpaw in the early 1940’s! I’m assuming the picture on the right is his Navy boot camp picture.

                            image 

This is my Daddy! Yup, He was a Sailor too! This is his Service picture from back in the 60’s!

                            house reed in blues 119 

And here’s R. in his blues! I took this one shortly after we moved in here!

                         craigslist stuff 097

This is a picture I took last week!

I learned this past summer that Pawpaw, Daddy, and R. all attended Boot Camp at the same facility! One of my Dad’s cousins found a post card from Pawpaw from either 1941 or 1943 (I can’t remember which year.) while he was in Boot Camp!

I also have 2 cousins and an uncle who have served in the military.

Back in July I posted about military stuff going on in my family. You can go here to read about that story. It’s a pretty cool story for my family.

An update to the linked story… They have dedicated and named a park after my dad’s cousin!

No comments:

Post a Comment