Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap…

Well, there’s not really much to recap but, here it is. …

Thursday was weird. It didn’t feel like Thanksgiving at. all. Probably because the weather was in the the 70’s and it was just R and I.

Truth be told, I missed my family so much! I even started crying a one point during the day. …  I guess the tears were in part of the difficult time of adjusting to this place. … This is SO NOT what I thought living on a military base would be like. 

Oh Well, I suppose it’s a hurdle I’ll have to overcome.

R and I did nothing. Well, I think he played the x-box all day. We had the most non traditional Thanksgiving dinner. … Red beans and rice! Later I made brownies for dessert. (After all, it’s Thanksgiving dessert is required! Right?!)

I was one of those crazy people who went to Target and stood in line until they opened (I was in line for 15 min.)  Let me just say, I’ve done ‘Black Friday’ shopping in the OKC area and in the Dallas area. I’ve never seen as many cops as I did while standing in line waiting for Target to open! Seriously! There were at least 15 cop cars!

I came home and slept then was crazy enough to go out shopping later!

I sat down Saturday evening and got presents wrapped. I keep thinking I’m almost done Christmas shopping. … I’ve ordered 4 more presents tonight.  (I need to get busy on getting the last gifts purchased!) I’m not done yes so I’m starting to get a little nervous. I’ve got to get them in the mail soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment