I’m not quite sure what to title my post today. Maybe it will come as I’m writing and editing.
Of the past 10 nights, I think I’ve been up till 2 or even 4 am for half of them. Last night was no exception to this or the night before. Needless to say, getting up for work this morning was a bit tough, especially since Spring Break was last week.
After surprisingly getting to work early, I/we were quickly met with rambunctious kids. Very rambunctious kids. Kids who usually don’t get in trouble today were in said trouble for fighting, kicking, hitting, punching etc.
It was just a busy day. There were even a couple of times I went running out of a classroom and down the hall to go potty because, I was SOO busy I didn’t really have time to go.
After work, I had several errands to run: go by 2 different banks, get gas, get an oil change in the truck, and stop by Target. I left work only to run into construction. Of course, it’s almost rush hour and 2 of the 4 lanes are out of commission. (This road is sorta a main artery in the city.)
I took care of the banks, off to get the oil change which is at the complete opposite end of town. … … … Oil change complete!! I’m too embarrassed to say how long it’s actually been since I’ve gotten an oil change. If my Daddy knew how long it’s actually been, I’d get an earful!
To wind down a bit, I decided to stop by one of my favorite stores just to see what’s new for the Spring. OHHLALA!! They have some SUPER cute things! … I’ll share those tomorrow for ‘What I’m Loving Wednesday’.
I stopped by target to pick up a few necessities and part of the wedding gift for BIL and Girlfriend. Grabbed a drink a sonic and finally trekked back WAY across town, totally the long way, to get gas. Then came home to grab a sandwich and watch Biggest Loser.
(Sidebar: There’s a lovely spider on the wall. Oh, um, Well, there was a lovely spider on the wall. Hmm. I’m Assuming it fell off. …I’m really NOT fond of those creatures.)
During the show my mom called. …
It’s NEVER a good phone call when it start’s out I first want to say things are OK… now… But, … I began to take a seat as she continued talking. I thought it was going to be something about her test results. Nope. It was Sister.
She was in Austin for the weekend and was heading back to Dallas. She had the green light and the right of way, in the middle of her turn a woman ran her red light slamming into Sister. That force sent Sister into other on coming traffic.
They took Red Light Runner to the hospital and somehow Sister was able to walk away from the accident. Her car is totaled. Red Light Runner crushed the passenger side of the car, and the other traffic took care of the driver side. Somehow Sister was able to get out of the car. She had her husky with her too. I finally got a text from her saying they were both very sore and shaken up but are OK.
I had been thinking of her and thinking I should call her all weekend but didn’t for some reason. I wish I would have now. I certainly left her a message and sent her a text telling her I love her. The cops said they were in awe that anyone walked away. Mom said the cops said they expected to see serious injuries if not a fatality when they saw Sister’s car.
My Mom said say a prayer of thanksgiving that she’s ok and Husky too. (Our dogs are our kids in my family.) I said God was on our side today! She replied, “He always is!” I haven’t just said one prayer of thanksgiving, I’ve said several. I even sent a text to a couple of friends asking them to say prayers of thanksgiving too.
As I’m writing I’m thinking things could have gone the completely opposite direction. So, tonight I would like to say Thank you, Lord, for my sister!
No comments:
Post a Comment