Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Saturday Night/ Sunday Recap

I left off with Ashley’s phone conversation. After catching up with each  other, We hadn’t talked all week and I only sent her one text. She had quite the crazy and long week. She asked me to help with her 3 year old Bible class on Sunday morning. Which was part of the reason she was calling. I said I’d help and we decided I’d call when I got to the church building.

Sunday:

Wow after 3 hours of sleep it was so hard to get up (I’m SO NOT a morning person). I was thinking “This is sacrifice.” But it’s what friends do we help each other when we can no matter if it’s at midnight or 8 am. So, I got up and began to get ready, sucked down some coffee and went on my way.  After I parked I called her to figure out where to go, this church building is HUGE!

I found my way to her classroom and began helping. It was a fun morning! They do things very differently from what I’ve ever seen a bible class do. But, that’s ok there’s no right or wrong way to teach a Bible class. It was a neat way to do things and hopefully I can take that with me and remember it one day when people are trying to figure out how to better or change up their Bible classes for the little guys!

We made it through Bible class and headed to “big church” this was the first worship service I’ve been to in a long while that was uplifting! I know we go to church to praise God and give glory to him, but I think we also go to learn and grow ourselves. 

One of the songs we sang was There’s A Stirring. I was trying to find a good version of it on YouTube and this was the best I could find. I was trying to find an A cappella version of it.

This song is one of my favorites, I think because it reminds me of being in college and having the close group I had then. It also takes me back to the time when we had 100 college students at church all squished together in a portable building praising God. This is one song we would sing often. 

I also like sermons that make you think. That make you examine your life, etc. The preacher yesterday morning had a couple of great points, one of which was this: think of your favorite place on earth. Is it a beach in Hawaii, the Colorado mountains, a rain forest, the desert, or is it under the sea?

Think of the grandeur of that place. and how in awe you are that God created something so beautiful. … Now think about this: if Earth is this beautiful, and this is the world God’s going to burn up imagine how beautiful Heaven will be. if this is just the temporary world the eternal world’s got to be even more splendid and have even more grandeur!

On my way home R. texted me to say BIL and Girlfriend were at the house. … for food of course. They didn’t come the last two evenings when a hot meal had been prepared for them. They come to eat leftovers from MIL and FIL’s church potluck. R. said he asked them in his “teacher voice” why they were here then gave them the “teacher look” when BIL said food.  I told R. it was probably a good thing I wasn’t here. I might have said some things I shouldn’t have.  I was out enjoying a nice lunch with Ashley after church instead.

Later R. fixed Gumbo then we ran to the grocery store. After dinner and saving the groceries we sat down to listen to one of my Daddy’s lessons online and then listened to a class online.  That class led to quite a long discussion which was a very good and much needed discussion, I think. 

I hope y’all had a great weekend.

It’s time for me to clean the bathroom that I mentioned earlier I didn’t get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment