3 years ago today I married the love on my life! We have no plans to celebrate our anniversary this year only because we’re 1,100 miles apart as he’s in Boot Camp and I’m in Houston. I suppose our Skirven Weekend right before he left could be a partial celebration.
Even so, I want to to a wedding post because I haven’t done one yet; what better time than on an anniversary. I’ll be sure to include pictures too of course!
While the wedding and reception were beautiful, I don’t think much went off with out a hiccup or two.
One of my bridesmaids was sick with strep and another had a grandmother in the hospital in surgery. My photographer was in the ER that morning sick as well.
Our sound system didn’t work so we had to find a back up plan which involved driving a car around to use it’s sound system. Our cake fell over and someone put our punch in a big ugly igloo cooler rather than using my mother’s beautiful punch bowl.
And I was sick that night from lack of food and lack of sleep. We also realized that night, that a stone in my wedding band had fallen out.
Alright, lets get to some better stories from the wedding shall we? You always hear about rain on your wedding day being good luck. … Well, we must have had some extra luck going on because it ended up raining the morning of and it began pouring as soon as we got everything inside.
With help from a few friends, I made or put together a lot of things for the wedding such as, a couple of table clothes, my wedding dress, centerpieces and bouquets.
It doesn’t matter what all went wrong though, the important thing is, at the end of the day we are married. Not only that, all of the mishaps make for great stories.
Now for pictures:
Getting ready
Seeing each other
The wedding party
My girls
His guys
All together
Families
I’ll post ceremony, Reception, and my favorite of the wedding pictures later today or later this week.
Ah, I almost forgot.
Love,
I love you more today than that Friday 13 on which we said IDO! My prayer is for us to have many more anniversaries together. Even though we’re 1,100 miles apart, I know we’re both thinking of each other and wishing each other a happy 3rd wedding anniversary.
I love you and I can’t wait to talk to you.
Your Sweet
Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's been three years already! Craziness!
ReplyDelete