Thursday, June 23, 2011

Honeymoon

I think I said last week I’d do a post about our honeymoon. Well, it seems that I’m finally getting around to it.

I don’t quite know if I’ve mentioned it here yet; but, I’m sure you’ve noticed me talking about spending time with different family. Since I’m ‘homeless’ for the summer while R. is in Boot Camp, I’m on what I have affectionately dubbed The Family Tour. I’ve spent 2 weeks each in both Dallas and Houston areas with my siblings, and of course their furry little, er, um, BIG four legged creatures! Tomorrow I’m off on my 3rd stop, Mother and Daddy’s.

Moral of this story… I’m about to pack up the external hard drive housing most of our pictures and wanted to do this post while I still have it out.

Alright, Now to the Honeymoon! We went to Kauai, Hawaii for a week. It was beautiful and we did have a great time. However, I was still a bit sick from the whole lack of food thing and was extremely exhausted. All I really wanted to do was SLEEP! Instead, we did a few things around the island!

The island as our plane is descending.

DSC02858

For the record, R. hates to take pictures, hence the look. This is at dinner right after we checked into our hotel.

DSC02864

The first beach we went to, a black sand beach!

DSC02897

Tree Tunnel Rd.

DSC02916

In the ocean! R. loves the ocean, me, not as much of a fan. I have a GREAT respect for the water. I’m the pool kind of girl.

DSC02961DSC03021DSC03023

We tried our hand at surfing one day! it’s HARD work!

DSC03038DSC03039

It was fun, but, going back to the not a big ocean fan…

DSC03046DSC03050

The Luau! I didn’t want to go to Hawaii and NOT attend a luau!

DSC03056DSC03088DSC03106DSC03122DSC03129DSC03132

So, What I was saying about the ocean… This was payback. … R. really, Really. REALLY HATES heights! Being on a ladder for him is to far off the ground!

DSC03174DSC03176

He finally warmed up to the zip-lining thing. Surfing was fun, and given the chance I’d probably do it again. This, was SO fun!

DSC03186

Well, the expression on my face here doesn’t exactly say fun. I was afraid I was gonna knock the guy over. I came in on this line SO FAST! I mean, look at the picture, it looks like I’m knocking him in the face!

DSC03187

Surfer dog!!

DSC03196

Waimea Canyon. We hiked to the top of it as you see to a little waterfall.

DSC03220

Na’ Pali Coast: this is the most dangerous of the waters in Kauai. the waves were totally knocking R. over. I barely got in the water. While on this coast, R. made a sand turtle for me! I’ve never seen sand dunes like this coast either!

DSC03259DSC03262

DSC03266

Spouting horn

DSC03297

Climbing on a few rocks!

DSC03318

I’d love to go back sometime, When I’m a bit more rested of course! I’d also like to visit other islands in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment