Friday, June 17, 2011

Wedding Reception

I do apologize for not doing this post yesterday as I said I would. I just don’t know where the day went. Also, I realized when I went to bed the other night that I don’t think I gave you the proper link for our 1st date story. Here is the proper link. I’ll try to fix it on the prior post as well.

Our Reception:

It was the quickest wedding reception I’ve ever been to in my life! It probably lasted an hour and a half! I’m NOT kidding! My family was ready to leave before R and I were! That’s part of the reason the event got sped up.  Alright! Enough chit chat here are some pictures!

Entering the Reception

rt-0466

I have no idea why R. is carrying my bouquet rather than me! Maybe because my bouquet was MASSIVE and I didn’t have enough hands to hold my dress, his hand, and the bouquet.

rt-0467

Our first dance! In fact, this is the ONLY time he’s danced with me.

rt-0473rt-0478

rt-0480     rt-0481

Father Daughter Dance.

rt-0487.4rt-0487.7

rt-0487.3    rt-0487.9

The Wedding and groom’s cakes. I have to say this about the wedding cake: This IS NOT what I ordered! I ordered a square cake! and I wanted purple flower peddles cascading down it. The cake topper was supposed to be a mini bouquet that matched mine!

I keep saying I need to turn my cake into Cake Wrecks! As ugly as the wedding cake was, both cakes tasted GREAT! The family and guest are STILL talking about my cake!

rt-0462rt-0463

I also only wanted a 3 tier cake. During Our 1st dance, I heard a collective AWWW! I’m thinking Oh How sweet the guest are oohing and Awing at us! I start to glance around the audience when I saw the looks on my sisters’ faces as well as my mother’s!!!

I KNEW something was going on then. I peered over R’s shoulder and saw this! I actually have this picture framed in a collage picture frame!

rt-0483

Cutting of the cakes! If you look closely you can see the cake is sitting all wobbly! Our wedding coordinator stacked it back up so we could cut it and take pictures. She held it in place when the photographer got to 3 she’d quickly let go and jump out of the way!

rt-0491rt-0493

To R’s defense, I started this! He did however get it in my eye!

rt-0501      rt-0505

rt-0517

The bouquet toss!

rt-0522

rt-0523

My College roommate caught it! She really was the next one to get married!

rt-0526

The Garter!

rt-0529

rt-0535

Isn’t this the funniest picture! I didn’t even realize I did this until we got pictures back! I was afraid he was gonna get it with his teeth! He did not by the way!

rt-0533

The guys dodging out of the way!

rt-0532

Leaving! I love all these sparkler pictures!

rt-0550

rt-0551

rt-0553

His guys did the whole mafia Godfather thing which, explains the props! They had them during the ceremony too. Silly boys!

rt-0558

The next wedding post will be some of my favorite pictures from the wedding! I’ll try to have that post up by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment