Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Ceremony

I’m finally getting around to blogging for the day. I realized late last night that I didn’t explain how we chose our wedding date. It’s not a terribly long story but, for/ to us I suppose it has some significance.

Our first date took place on April Fool’s day. You can go here to read about it.

8-9 months later My parents asked us to wait a little bit before getting married. They didn’t want us to rush into things and they had other reasons as well.

I being a teacher didn’t want to get married during the school year so we started looking to the following summer.   I had 2 dates picked out to discuss with R. After all it’s his wedding too and he should have a say on the wedding date. Right?

The dates I had were June 7 a Saturday and June 13 a Friday.  Now, R. it a baseball player and a little superstitious. He says his luck number is 13 and it was his baseball number.

With our 1st date being on April Fools Day and his ‘lucky’ number being 13 We both thought Friday the 13th fit! Not only that, We got married on the ONLY Friday 13 in that year!

Well now, Here are pictures from our Ceremony.  We happened to have the perfect weather for it!

About to go down the isle!

              rt-0338

The picture on the left is one in a series of pictures. The whole series together is funny. They all show a whole range of emotions. In this one, I was thinking I’m about to get married!

rt-0350      rt-0362

Daddy is giving me away on the left and switching places with the minister up there. Daddy officiated our ceremony.

rt-0371    rt-0373

A Prayer

             rt-0375

The Vows

rt-0383

It was the sweetest thing, R. barley made it through them. He had the whole audience crying.

rt-0384

My Turn! We wrote our own vows. I thought his would be serious with some humor to them. Nope! His were very sweet but serious. I’m the one who had ALL the humor. Which was a good thing because everyone was crying by that point!

rt-0391

My last line was ‘Your stuck with me now.’ As I said it I guess I pointed at him and flicked my wrist. That’s been one of our things ever since. Your stuck with me, remember!

rt-0392

The Rings: Notice the difference in the way the best man and matron of honor presented the rings.

Classically done ring straight out of the box. ….

rt-0396

And…. not so classically done. … I knew she was going to do something, this was TOTAL pay back! I was her made of honor. When the preacher asked for the ring at her wedding, her other attendant and I acted like we didn’t have the ring.  After about a minute I said, quite loudly Oh yeah I do have it. Then pulled it our of my bra! rt-0397    rt-0401

You can’t see it but the ribbon she had went to the ground! she tied R’s ring on on end of it, rolled up the ribbon, and tucked it in her bra! When she was asked for the ring she handed off the bouquets, said just a minute, and started fishing for it!

rt-0404    rt-0405

                        rt-0408

Signing of the Marriage License.

 rt-0419     rt-0417  

The Kiss and Final Prayer

 rt-0425    rt-0426

Back down the isle! This time as Husband and Wife!

rt-0427    rt-0430

 

                      rt-0433

Well, there’s a glimpse into our ceremony. I’ll have reception pictures up in a third post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment