It took me a LONG time to get to sleep last night. I couldn’t stop thinking about last nights events with the announcement of Osama Bin Laden.
During the news coverage ABC had going, I was texting a couple of friends and Sister. In one of my text I said I don’t quite know how to feel. It all kind of makes me want to burst into tears. I finally did so when I saw live coverage of people gathering at Times Square in NYC. What really got me were the 2 fire trucks parked with their lights going and the cop car doing the same. All I could think was those firefighters very well could have been a few of the ones who fought the blazes and searched through the rubble of the twin towers.
I never truly wish for anyone to be dead. But, he was SO evil killing more than 3,000 people most of whom were Americans. I do believe this is a great victory, and it does send the message that we don’t give up.
I received one text last night which stated that someone tweeted “I wonder how his meeting with Jesus went?” …WOW! Now that’s a powerful statement which should make you stop and really think. That was a text I resent.
Anyway, I was up thinking about how much this one man has effected every American and even the entire world. especially with regard to how we travel via planes now and all of the security we have to go through and how we even pick up our love ones from the airport.
I can remember sitting in the terminal waiting for Daddy to get off his plane and being able to greet him as soon as he walked off the plane. Now when you pick someone up from the airport you have to wait all the way in baggage claim.
I was also thinking about what may come from all of this. What if any retaliation may take place and when? I was also thinking about the timing of this event. This has taken place 3 weeks before R. leaves for boot camp. Thankfully, R. won’t be a SEAL, and he’s not going the Army or Marine route. I can’t help but wonder what he may have to encounter once he finally sees a ship. Also, My Dad leaves next month to travel overseas for several weeks.
It’s ironic because on one hand I feel slightly safer but, then I actually went to bed last night feeling a bit fearful. The only thing I could think to do was pray.
So, I fell asleep last night praying to my God for his protection for our troops and our country. For the American people abroad on mission trips and for us at home … I know several people who are overseas doing the Lord’s work. . I was also asking him for his guidance for our country and leaders and thanking him that we live in a land where we have so much and freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment