Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

I should wait for a few pictures before I recap this weekend but I’m going to do it anyway. I’m trying to get it done quickly, and it’s such a pain to pull pictures off Facebook now. It stinks!

Ok, Where do I start? I got into Dallas on Thursday afternoon.

We didn’t really do much on Thursday besides run a couple of errands. During the day on Friday was a little bit slow. Sister had to work so I just unloaded a few things from the car after I found my set of keys. (I lost R’s set of car keys last week.) So when I misplaced mine too, I just burst into tears.

I’m not telling R I’ve lost his keys either 1. until they are found or 2. when I see him after graduation later this summer.

Friday night we met up with several of Sister’s friends at a marina to see a band ‘Emerald City’ They’re a great cover band. I believe they’re a local band. The band was great! the food and venue… not so much.

Saturday Sister and I went to yoga class at her gym then hit up a farmers market! Both were great and both were things I’ve never done before!

We were just getting home for a bite of lunch when a friend calls. He needed us to help him bail out his car. It got towed overnight. So we headed down to help him out.

Yesterday was a slow day. I thought it was never going to end! I was thinking great another week that’s gonna last forever!

I was kind of emotional about everything yesterday. I even had a melt down in front of my sister! I was a bit surprised at the way she handled it. I expected her to just say oh, everything will be fine and move on, but she didn’t!

She just said I didn’t realize you were still upset by everything. I just said I miss him. I do. I miss R. terribly. I can’t wait till he is able to call or even get his address.  Sister did remind me that of course it’s temporary and the time will pass quickly, ect, ect. 

She’s been single for so long she just can’t relate. When she was married about 14 years ago her husband worked on an oil rig so he’d be gone for 2-4 weeks at a time. She said she got used to it, but that’s how it was when they got married.  So, for her it was their normal.

This is NOT our normal. R and I have had our girls/ guys nights, and we’ve had our work but we’re always up when each other comes home, or at least call the other to say good night at the end of the day.

This is only temporary, and I’m sure the time will pass quickly, but right now that doesn’t make it less hard.

We met up at a couples house for a pool party! It was loads of fun and we had lots of good laughs! We got there at 6 and next thing we knew it was 11:30!

Today we went by a friends place and hung out by his pool.  This evening we headed over to Uptown where we met up with a couple of other friends.  Oh My Goodness! This was the strangest, most awkward dinner I’ve been to, at least in a while! The conversation consisted of yoga, gay guys, and dating experiences. I was the only married chick at the table.

I just can’t relate to the whole dating thing anymore. I’ve not been there in 5 years and I’ve never been one to date just to date. I’ve only had 3 boyfriends. They had a HUGE discussion about online dating services. I don’t even know what the conversation entailed half the time.

One of the girls seemed really cool, the other one bothered me a little.

Shortly before Sister and I left 2 older drunk men walked up to our table and started flirting with all of us. They sat down at our table and continued to flirt! AWKWARD!!  Apparently one or both men ended up paying our tab. 

We got home and I seriously thought it was Sunday. I have my days so screwed up right now. Last week I was 3 days behind and this week I’m a day ahead!

Well that was my Memorial Day weekend! I hope you had a good one too!

I’ve decided to take this summer in pieces. At first I thought I’d look at it place by place. but, now I’m thinking I may need smaller pieces. my goal last week was make it through the week. This week I’m looking to Wednesday. For 2 reasons, 1 it’s the first of June 2. it’s mid week! 

After that I’ll look to Saturday or Sunday. Next week I’ll probably look to Wednesday again because I’ll have to start packing up (packing, the story of my life right now.) to head to the next stop on the Summer tour with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment